GM Recalls Canadian Silverados and Sierras For Fire Risk

Gorehamj

On 2019-07-16 at 4:15 PM, HondaHawkGT said:

I guess there was a 2nd older recall for the K2 truck's rear window because they would where they would shatter. The article I read on another website mentioned the shattering glass but didn't make it clear enough that it was a separate older recall.

Some of the shattered glass victims also had truck fires. The breaking glass I believe was caused by overheating the window element when the circuit had moisture on it. Many reported burned seats and there were a few total loses. It could be two different problems but I believe they are tied together. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 2:45 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Yes, its a shame that USA trucks are not recalled also as many members here from the US have experienced exploding rear sliding windows.

There claiming it's how they are used.  I now picture my fellow Canadians driving around in the rain with the back window open lol

From what I've be able to find it was Transport Canada that has forced GM into the recall.  They usually only follow the US on recalls. 

This is unusual lol.

Not taking mine in unless they have a real fix regardless. With my luck they will disable it and then just say oh that's good enough.

Makes me think of all of the GM customers that lost their heated windshield washer systems.  GM took them out then never came up with a replacement or fix.

I keep waiting to see if the fix will be just to replace the slider with a full glass windows.