1,200 HP DRIVESHAFT UPGRADE!!!!! GM 1500 Trucks

Hey guys just wanted to share tis bit of info that I was able to find. It was difficult locating a driveshaft for a 14+ GM 1500 so I hope this helps. 

After spending tons of time trying to find a less complicated way to upgrade my DS I visited alldrivelines.com (referral from a member) and saw the 800hp rated 2 piece shaft. I called to verify compatibility and was let down by the rep. It is not user friendly for the 4x4's. 

However, after asking me some great questions Shelby @ Alldrivelines  (661) 633-2303 simply said why don't you get our 1,200hp rated driveshaft for the 14+ GM 1500.. I said ..."wait huh". Tell me more. This is currently not listed on the website.  

It is a 5" 6061 Aluminum shaft with a .125 wall thickness. It is rated for over 1,200 HP and 7,300 ft tq. She can get the correct size for other models too (bespoke).

I'm running the following with a Stock Trans/Transfer Case and ride hight. 

• Make: GMC
  • Model: Sierra 1500 Denali
  • Drive: AWD/4WD
  • Loc: Rear
  • Bed: 5'9"
  • Chassis: 143.5"WB
  • Doors: 4 Door

After some negotiating it ended up being $580 SHIPPED from CA to MA!!!.  (She also suggested the upgraded billet slip yoke rated 1200hp it was an extra $100 so I'm actually $680.00 shipped)**

Just a heads up folks. If you want a Driveshaft that can handle high speeds, high HP and TQ this is the place to go. Call Alldriveline (661) 633-2303 and ask for Shelby. Mention my last name Melaas and they'll cut you the same deal.

A 1,200 hp rated shaft with the billet yolk for $680 shipped. I don't get anything for it I just asked if I could refer my friends here for the same deal and she said sure. Very nice Lady. 

Lastly it is a 2-3 day processing and shipping for me (ca - ma) is about 3-4 days. I should have it next Thursday! I will send pics. 

PM if you have any questions. 

Edited by DenaliX14
  • Like 3

Take some pics after your install if you dont mind. I am really interested in doing this as well. I have a slight shake 75-80 that it would be worth trying to see if it fixes. You plan on installing yourself? Any downside to a two piece versus one piece? 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 3:33 PM, Chad2815 said:

Take some pics after your install if you dont mind. I am really interested in doing this as well. I have a slight shake 75-80 that it would be worth trying to see if it fixes. You plan on installing yourself? Any downside to a two piece versus one piece? 

Will do, it's current expected delivery is Tuesday 27th. I'll end up installing on my own. I'll snap some photos as soon as I get it. 

I believe a two piece creates a weak point at the middle joint. Sure you can get an upgraded one however, a one piece this thick is always going to be stronger. 

On 7/9/2019 at 5:27 PM, DenaliX14 said:

Hey guys just wanted to share tis bit of info that I was able to find. It was difficult locating a driveshaft for a 14+ GM 1500 so I hope this helps. 

You running your truck at the Brickyard or Daytona?  I reckon a shaft set up like that is good for about 8,100 rpms or so, guessing the tube length is about 67 inches?