In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I've had my truck now going on 3 years this past 4th of july, ive been having issues with my USB port and 110v Plug not working tried using new cable for Apple Car Play and still no luck, i called dealership and was told i am out of warranty (of course) and have to pay $199 just for inspection ......... I Dont Think So. Does anyone else have the same issue and solution? Ive already checked fuses and all look good, might i also add that at times my screen goes DARK while the truck is on as well thanks. 

Did your warranty just expire this July?  If so, I'd phone GM customer service and see if they can help you out. A well worded, sincere plea may get you a reduced cost of repair.   If your warranty expired a year ago, I'd see what the $199 includes.  Does this cost go towards the actual repair if you let them proceed with the work?

Don't just look at the fuses, pull them, and ohm them.  I've had a few that I didn't see a break in the loop, but they ohm'd bad.  I don't understand it, but it happened on a couple rare occasions. 

I was having a similar issue, but with my DC outlets and my 110V.  Then one day, it just started working. 

Damn GREMLINS!!!! 

image.png.fb9690d636ba0f611d9e9b1235b37bb5.png

6 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Did your warranty just expire this July?  If so, I'd phone GM customer service and see if they can help you out. A well worded, sincere plea may get you a reduced cost of repair.   If your warranty expired a year ago, I'd see what the $199 includes.  Does this cost go towards the actual repair if you let them proceed with the work?

My warranty expired 5,000 miles ago :( 

7 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Don't just look at the fuses, pull them, and ohm them.  I've had a few that I didn't see a break in the loop, but they ohm'd bad.  I don't understand it, but it happened on a couple rare occasions. 

I was having a similar issue, but with my DC outlets and my 110V.  Then one day, it just started working. 

Damn GREMLINS!!!! 

image.png.fb9690d636ba0f611d9e9b1235b37bb5.png

I’ll be sure to replace the fuses and see if it works, thanks for the info guys. 

Two things to try.

First find your HMI and reseat ALL of the connectors on it. The HMI is behind and above the glove box. Second find your radio module and reseat the connectors there. This module is below and behind the screen.

This will not address the 110v outlet issue but let's worry about till after the other issues are resolved. It's best to concentrate on one issue first.

2 hours ago, rusty503 said:

Two things to try.

First find your HMI and reseat ALL of the connectors on it. The HMI is behind and above the glove box. Second find your radio module and reseat the connectors there. This module is below and behind the screen.

This will not address the 110v outlet issue but let's worry about till after the other issues are resolved. It's best to concentrate on one issue first.

Battery disconnected right? Or just not have the key in ignition?

Key out power off.

Bump

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Following. USB ports not working at all but my 110 still works. Pain in the ass not having apple car play. 

On 7/9/2019 at 11:02 PM, rusty503 said:

Two things to try.

+1 on checking the HMI first, especially since you are having intermittent screen blackouts...HMI controls the screen, usbs, SD card slot, bluetooth, and speech functions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Brad OSullivan
      New to the forum here, and I have a 2005 chevy silverado 1500 with the 5.3L. I drive to and from michigan from chicago for college every couple of weeks. The last time I drove up to michigan 2 hours into my drive the oil pressure gauge started slowly moving down from 40psi. Every 10 minutes it seemed it moved down a notch until it got to 15psi and then I pulled over just to investigate because the truck was running perfectly normal and no warning lights or anything were on. I did a walk around, no leaks, no engine noise and the oil level was in the same place as when I left. Also when I stopped the pressure gauge dropped to 0 at idle and the truck idled normal. I continued to drive till i got to my destinations 30 minutes later. The next day when I started it back up the oil pressure is now reading normal and has read normal for the last week. I went to tech school and I know my way around an engine and i'm almost positive this isn't a mechanical issue, im thinking its the oil pressure sensor or sending unit or it could be the gauge itself because first gen silverados are famous for bad gauges but i feel if it was a bad sensor there would be warning lights? Not sure though, any of you guys experience an issue like this or have any idea of what to check or what it could be?? Much appreciated!!
    • By Kenidoesit Bigg
      This is one for the ages to me.  The truck has the correct:  FUEL PRESSURE:  60psi  SPARK:  verified visually [AND WITH STARTING FLUID] correct injector pulse [verified by test light signal from ecm, test light neg to batt positive, test lead to INJ signal] and I went a step further unbolted  the fuel rail and visually verified spray from all 8 injectors].

THE TRUCK WILL RUN --- OFF OF STARTING FLUID

There is also a shrader valve on the passenger side [Fuel pressure verified and in spec 58-62psi] I used Autel scan tool to verify and slightly boost the rail presssure, STILL NO START -- IT STARTS AND DIES IMMEDIATELY, as if the injectors are being cut off.

The throttle body was replaced 1 year + ago, but the truck has been driving since then, using the existing thrott body... until now.
      NO CODES COME UP EXCEPT THE HEATED SEAT BACK -- on a system-wide scan.

I did notice that if i unplug the INJector harness connector (only did the driver's side) that NO CODES will come up either,
      as if the ECM doesn't care if i unplugged the harness connector to the fuel INJectors, NO MALFUNCTION REPORTS it.

ANY IDEAS that experienced techs with Silverado LTZ 2013 would be great if anyone else has seen this before, THANKS.

NO PASSLOCK MESSAGES
      However I do notice that the ENGINE (symbol) STAYS SOLID WHILE CRANKING --  I dont know what this means on a 2013 Silverado, if any
      thing..if anyone knows.. please HELP! 

I will include here more info from my notes:

Tools:  Autel MaxiSys
      DVOM multimeter
      various jumper wires
      Mini oscilloscope

THREW AT IT SO FAR:  Crankshaft position sensor [Advance Auto, $40]
      Oil Pressure Sensor (hoping it's failure was a failsafe, NOT!) Autozone $75!  OUCH!  that was NOT it!
      8 A/C DELCO Spark Plugs, $7.99!  They were sludgy, but NOPE, that ain't it either! $65

IF I Quickly cycle the key, just BUMPS at a TIME, im sure injectors are shooting fuel when that is being done, so
      after about 5 or 6 BUMPS like that, the engine will run, BUT SUDDENLY DIES when that
      fuel burns .. 2 - 3 SECONDS..  Never ran into one this tough

• By Zane
      Zane Merva
      Executive Editor / Publisher - GM-Trucks.com
      October 10th, 2019

Chevrolet is giving the not so subtle hint that the rumored Silverado ZRX model is about to become reality. Today, the brand announced that a "Silverado Race Truck" would compete in this weekend's Laughlin Desert Classic alongside the Hall Racing Colorado ZR2. Interestingly, the Silverado will compete in the Desert's 1200 Stock Class, which limits changes to suspension, under body, and race-safety equipment. What does that mean? This truck is not only ready to race, it's close to production too. 

The "Silverado Race Truck" is outfitted with a number of aftermarket goodies that look like they were ripped right off a Colorado ZR2. Starting as an LT Trail Boss with the 6.2L V8, the Silverado Race Truck is outfitted with a long travel suspension, front and rear jounce shocks and Multimatic DSSV dampers. In short... the modifications that Chevy applies to the Colorado for the ZR2 model. 

Why didn't Chevy just come out and call this the ZRX Race Truck? We're not sure, but there's no doubt this is a low flying announcement made to pave the way towards an eventual Silverado model that emulates the ZR2's success in a larger package. Whether that's enough to take on the Ford Raptor is too early to determine. Stay tuned for updates on the "Silverado Race Truck" and future Silverado ZRX. 

• By truck_newbie
      I'm partial to the looks of the Sierra which is primarily why i got the AT4. Whilst searching for wheels on Fuel's website, i came across this Silverado and i was like wow, that is beautiful. Those lime-green ascents are very well done. And is that matte gray i see? If i was getting the Silverado, this would have been my primary motivation; to make it look like this. If this is your Silverado, please show yourself to receive a like. 

I ended up purchasing those wheels, least i could do. 

P.S I don't want to start a pissing contest between Sierra and Silverado appearance. 
    • By newdude
      GM has available now factory camper mirrors!  Time for a nice run down on them and what is involved. 

What they are:  Factory tow mirrors.  https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/extended-view-tow-mirrors-in-black-84731241?year=2020&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado%201500&categoryId=98023

Price? Part #?  84731241 is the #, MSRP for the mirror package is $730. 

What do they feature?  Includes lower convex spotter glass, as well as cargo lamps, clearance lamps and integrated turn signal indicator.  Manual extend and manual fold.

The good:

-GM has factory tow mirrors available as an accessory for trucks that don't have them!

The bad:

- 2020+up ONLY at the moment.  They do NOT list them for 2019.
      - They DO REQUIRE HARNESS SWAPS.  Both front doors require new door harnesses.
      - If you have the front spotter lights in the mirrors or have blind spot alert, THESE WILL NOT WORK! 
      - BCM calibration required for ALL models to make all lighting function. 

If you have the dealer do it, its about 3.6 hours. 

Harness numbers will be listed below:

2020-2021 Crew and Double Cab with KEYED ignition and DLF mirror:  84622369 and 84622370

2020-2021 Regular Cab with KEYED ignition and DLF mirror:  84622376 and 84622380

2020-2021 Crew and Double Cab with PUSH BUTTON ignition and DLF mirror: 84622371 and 84622372