Fuel line leak

So I just purchased a 2001 chevy Silverado and got home to find the main fuel line was leaking from the filter back. The previous owner has taken a hose and clamps and clamped this down to the existent metallic that was cut out and the rubber he used ripped at the end before the clamp causing a leak. My question is what is the best option for repair other than replacing full line. Would a piece of metal line and compression fittings work, or should I get fuel injection hose and clamps and just redo it. I do plan on getting the line replaced just don’t have the extra money right now. 

20 minutes ago, PTXer said:

Did mine with rubber hose and clamps until I was able to replace all the lines (which was a pain).

How long did you run it like that? I figure it’ll be a month or two before I’m able to get around to replacing. I’ve heard it’s certainly a pain so not looking forward to it. Lol 

23 minutes ago, riverbanks said:

I use 2 on each end,inverted,I cut hard plastic line a few inches back,got new stubby fuel line repair piece from Napa to go into filter,done

Awesome thanks I will go with that!