A Combination of 3 Features Available In A Buick, but Not Rolls Royce, BMW, or Lexus

Gorehamj

2020-Buick-Enclave-Avenir-001.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
7-10-2019

The 2020 Enclave Premium and Avenir trims from Buick will up the ante this coming year. Buick is offering massage front seats in these trims. Massage seats have long been one of the benchmarks we at GM-Trucks.com look for in a vehicle that claim to be luxury vehicles. Two others are a heated steering wheel and Android Auto. 

2019_buick_enclave_0_BNAVY.jpg

“Buyers are choosing the Buick Enclave because it is everything they want in a premium crossover with its distinct styling, quality and driving dynamics,” said Phil Brook, vice president of Buick and GMC marketing. “For the 2020 model year, we’re upping the comfort with available massaging seats, bringing in a new and different look for customers with Sport Touring and enhancing our in-vehicle technology to provide more of what these customers want.”

The combination of Android Auto, massage front seats, and a heated steering wheel are not available on any current Lexus, Rolls Royce, or BMW vehicle sold in America.  Maybe someday they will earn our luxury designation...

• Haha 1

not bad.  believe it or not, I'm seeing an increase in the number of new Buick's around here.  Here's to hoping they can turn around enough to stay afloat. 

• Like 2

One of the things that caught my eye was, Buick offers a station wagon. Buick has sentimental value to me. It was the family’s favorite car in the sixties and seventies. One of things I was impressed with in my GMC was how quiet it was. I’m sure that’s true across the brand. Depending on engine options I can see Buick being my next car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Anyone sit in the seats of a current Lincoln Continental? NAV and Audio like an executive jet and yes a heated wheel. Odd they missed this comparison. Oh....and it's still a CAR. 

I'm still drawn the Buck but not SUV's and while the wagon does have some appeal to me the PLASTIC FENDER LIPS look more 'tinker toy' than Bugatti. One step forward, one step back. 

2 hours ago, Colossus said:

About the only wagons that sell worth a dang anymore are the Subaru's.  Even the Audi & VW wagons have lost favor. 

Might help if they were actually wagons instead of hatchback wolves in sheep's clothing. 

41 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

Do you drive one?

Nope, have two.  

2009 Lacrosse with a rock solid 3800 Series III. 30 mpg at 70 mph. Best HVAC system GM ever made. Has less than 50K on the clock. 

2014 Verano 2.4 with 14K logged. Still smells new. (wife's car). Both keepers. There are three more in the family. Dad has two, my sister and bother-in-law one. They have had several. Put 500K on them and trade for another.  

Would not give you a plugged nickel for any of their SUV's. It's a luxury car company trying real hard to become extinct. I might feel differently if they had produced something like a Suburban instead of Euro Clones. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Nope, have two.  

2009 Lacrosse with a rock solid 3800 Series III. 30 mpg at 70 mph. Best HVAC system GM ever made. Has less than 50K on the clock. 

2014 Verano 2.4 with 14K logged. Still smells new. (wife's car). Both keepers. There are three more in the family. Dad has two, my sister and bother-in-law one. They have had several. Put 500K on them and trade for another.  

Would not give you a plugged nickel for any of their SUV's. It's a luxury car company trying real hard to become extinct. I might feel differently if they had produced something like a Suburban instead of Euro Clones. 

The Buick V6 series of engines are some of the best ever produced for passenger cars.  GM was foolish to retire the motor and to use other engines in their place beforehand, aka, the minivans from 2007+.

I once drove a first year, I think it was an '86 LeSabre from New York to Florida at an average speed of 77 mph and got 35 mpg; in 1990.  I miss the '85 RWD LeSabre, giant and comfortable and fast!

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 12:25 AM, Colossus said:

Eh.  They are nothing special.  The 2.5L is a piece of crap and even more so when you slap a turbo on it.  Fast, but piece of crap. 

Subaru is really in touch with their customer base. They might not make the best cars, but they give the people what they want.