AC crapped out, Transmission shudder UPDATE_4

UPDATE: Link for the transmission shudder issue from GM techlink publication. 

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11127

Well its been only four months and 2,300 miles and I'm already at the dealership service department with two major issues.

1) AC stopped blowing cold air a few days ago, WTF!

2) I've have the infamous 8-speed transmission shudder from takeoff to second gear since day one.

Here's the news I got from the service department today:

The AC system is leaking at the evaporator and the console and the entire dash will have to be removed to replace the evaporator coil. 

For the transmission issue, they have a TSB that has them flushing out the transmission and Torque Converter and replacing with a Mobil 1 product (was hoping for a software update but no luck there).

Best part (sarcasm here) is they have asked me to take back possession of the truck until July 9th before they can get to both issues!

I cannot imagine the amount of broken plastic clips I'm going to wind up with once they get the dash back in. 

Really GM!!!

Oh my ache'n ass!

More to follow...

Bill.

Edited by Blanz
  • Sad 1

That's terrible.  Especially on a brand-new truck!  Apparently, GM has no quality assurance methods now whatsoever, except to pump out vehicles as fast as they can and let us beta-test it for them.  Best of luck on the repairs.  

Edited by MaverickZ71

32 minutes ago, MaverickZ71 said:

That's terrible.  Especially on a brand-new truck!  Apparently, GM has no quality assurance methods now whatsoever, except to pump out vehicles as fast as they can and let us beta-test it for them.  Best of luck on the repairs.  

Beta test would mean that when we find the problems they would fix them, let's face it this ac problem goes all the way back to the 2014 model years and the 8 speed trans shudder to the 2016 model year. Safe to say they will never fix these issues and everyone here will more then likely eventually have to deal with it. My best advice i can give is if you plan to keep this truck past 3 years and own it, you would be a fool to not buy an extended warranty with what these things cost to fix today.

• Like 1

2-3x my AC has not blown cold when I start the truck. (I have an RST just like you, OP). However, it always starts cooling whenever I turn the AC off, then back on, and after I start driving the truck. No major issues yet, thankfully. 

I'm closing in on 3000 miles, and my A8 has really tamed a LOT. I did have a super hard shift from 1-2 after reversing out of a parking spot 10 days ago. Otherwise, the shifting has gotten a lot better. 

I'm about to go in for my first oil change at 3K, so I am going to have them do the torque converter flush via the TSB on the A8, since I'll be in there for it. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy and many of the little issues I once noticed have either gone away or I stopped noticing them. 

So they want yo to drive in the summer months in your 'New" truck without Air Conditioning?  I wonder if they would do that.  Sorry to hear.  Unfortunately the bad dealers reflect on GM as a whole.  Manufacturers all need to be more focused on their dealers service departments quality.  Problem is they always take the dealers side. If you call any of them they always say they have to stand with the dealers decision. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE#2:

Stopped by the dealership shop and here is what my 2019 Silverado RST with 2,300 miles looks like when your replacing a defective Evaporator coil!

He is only 80% in, as the cross-beam support still needs to be removed before the HVAC box can come out. 

Hope for everybody else sake that this is not a systemic issue from the HVAC supplier. Maybe I'm the one in a million, should have played the lottery instead.  

So much for a new truck!!!

Bill.

2019-07-12 13.46.31.jpg