2018 Silverado Z71 Premium Plus LTZ or 2018 Sierra Denali ....going shopping...anything to look ou for ?

Tried starting a thread a few days ago and didn’t really get any response.  I’ll try to make it shorter this time.  I’m in the  market for either a Silverado or Sierra, 1500 series, crew cab , LTZ or SLT.   I’ve come across a super low mileage 2018 Silverado Crew cab Premium Plus Summit White on black leather, 22” wheels, Pretty much loaded except power running boards(has round gm off road step bars) .  Barely 6,000 miles as it was executive driven by GM rep.  Motor is 5.3 with 8 speed.  Soft GM tonneau cover as well.   Other truck is 2018 Denali Onyx black w/ black leather interior.  It’s not an ultimate but has 22” wheels and 6.2 motor w/8 speed trans.  It’s a brand new left over model.  Would the Silverado have the illuminated black bowtie on front grille ?  It has the nice led headlights and fog lights , just wasn’t sure about bowtie.   Both trucks are short box models.   Does 1 truck have an advantage over the other?  No towing planned or heavy hauling.  Just miss the feel and drive of a truck.  I haven’t been a truck owner for over 15 years , last truck was 1998 Sierra extended cab Z71 5.7 4 speed automatic.  Please bare with me as I ask too many questions..  Thanks for all of your help...

The illuminated bowtie is a GM Accessory, so it probably doesn't have it. If they're the same price, I'd rather have the Denali. If the Chevy is considerably cheaper, it would probably win out for me. 

Thanks for the replies fellas;  The Denali is about 5 grand more expensive than the Silverado, and that is with the July truck month/rebate applied.   It’s already been reduced almost $17 K , and still sitting there.   I’ve always preferred the GMC grille over the Chevy but this Summit White Silverado with the body coloured bumpers and black bow tie front grille really stands out and caught my eye. Hopefully I can get to take them out this week for comparison, problem is 5he Silverado is 100 miles away, Denali 10 miles away.   

Thanks again....

Joe 

If you have not already get your financing in place through your bank/credit union unless you intend to pay cash.  (That way there are no games in dealer financing office). Will you be trading or not?  This is where the chance of getting hosed increases.  Run any numbers through a payment calculator before signing on the dotted line.

IMO the Silverado is not so attractive as it already has 6K plus miles executive loaner or not.  On the Denali the 6.2 is a $2,495 option and the 22 inch wheels are $2,995.

Do both trucks have sunroofs?

If you like the soft tonneau tell the GMC dealer to include it, all weather mats, a sunshade, etc... in the deal if they are not willing to come down any more price wise. (Look at GMC Accessories catalog for more ideas, or just ask for a GM Performance Exhaust/Borla System) 

Essentially looking at another $1000-1500 off price wise because the 2020's are about to arrive which will make a 2018 less desirable.

Good luck with your search.

32 minutes ago, RE1 said:

Absolutely no question. Go with the 6.2L engine. You won’t regret it. 

Except for every time you pull up to a pump and have to pay significantly more for the premium fuel that the 6.2 requires and the 5.3 does not.

I have a Vette with a 6.2 and I purposely sought out a Denali with a 5.3 when I purchased my current truck.  Premium fuel was one of the key factors in this decision for me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ksiesel said:

Except for every time you pull up to a pump and have to pay significantly more for the premium fuel that the 6.2 requires and the 5.3 does not.

I have a Vette with a 6.2 and I purposely sought out a Denali with a 5.3 when I purchased my current truck.  Premium fuel was one of the key factors in this decision for me.

And gas is probably just gonna go up in price. Sounds like a good deal on the Denali though. Illuminated bow tie is only $155 and easy to install. $5,000 is harder for some of us to come up with than others.....i wonder if they will come off the Chevy some more though.

Thanks so much to everyone for all your advice, suggestions and ideas.  It’s greatly appreciated  !!

As I said before, I’ve been out of the loop for a very long time.  First truck was a 1990 Chevy 1500 Stepside Z71, 350 cu in motor 3 speed automatic...but never a day of trouble.  Rock solid and reliable as they come, and a fraction of today’s prices.  Yes trucks have come a long way, I just get a little uneasy hearing about this transmission shudder problem a lot of people have experienced.   Hopefully they’ve got it figured out by now.   To the other poster that asked about sunroofs.. yes both trucks have them.  The Denali is black which I’m not crazy about;  being a Harley owner with a 

black bike I know what a pain it is to keep clean.   I know that the 6.2 is a honey of a motor but I honestly think the the 5.3 is plenty enuf for me.   I’ll keep you guys posted....thanks again.

1 hour ago, Joe98 said:

Thanks so much to everyone for all your advice, suggestions and ideas.  It’s greatly appreciated  !!

As I said before, I’ve been out of the loop for a very long time.  First truck was a 1990 Chevy 1500 Stepside Z71, 350 cu in motor 3 speed automatic...but never a day of trouble.  Rock solid and reliable as they come, and a fraction of today’s prices.  Yes trucks have come a long way, I just get a little uneasy hearing about this transmission shudder problem a lot of people have experienced.   Hopefully they’ve got it figured out by now.   To the other poster that asked about sunroofs.. yes both trucks have them.  The Denali is black which I’m not crazy about;  being a Harley owner with a 

black bike I know what a pain it is to keep clean.   I know that the 6.2 is a honey of a motor but I honestly think the the 5.3 is plenty enuf for me.   I’ll keep you guys posted....thanks again.

I would really look at the Denali just because it is new.

Having worked at a dealership, I know that those rigs are not driven easy, and surprised by the miles, they usually turn them in around at 3000 miles.

And you can not beat the 6.2, if you can afford the truck, you can afford the gas, not like any of it is cheap right now.

5 hours ago, ksiesel said:

I'm with you, I don't tow a lot.  Last Sierra and Yukon I had both had the 6.2 tuned.  Yeah, it's got more than the 5.3, but I really don't miss the 6.2 as much as I thought.  I specifically hunted out a 5.3 too to avoid that 30% gas premium.  My 3 year 36,000 is up in September and I'll promptly be getting a tune again to get rid of the tq and engine management and 4cyl mode and I'll have an even bigger smile every time I get in!

And gas is probably just gonna go up in price. Sounds like a good deal on the Denali though. Illuminated bow tie is only $155 and easy to install. $5,000 is harder for some of us to come up with than others.....i wonder if they will come off the Chevy some more though.
Where are you seeing the illuminated bowtie for $155? Please post a link as I want one bad lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk