2018 Silverado Z71 Premium Plus LTZ or 2018 Sierra Denali ....going shopping...anything to look ou for ?

5 hours ago, Denali_Joe said:

I'm with you, I don't tow a lot.  Last Sierra and Yukon I had both had the 6.2 tuned.  Yeah, it's got more than the 5.3, but I really don't miss the 6.2 as much as I thought.  I specifically hunted out a 5.3 too to avoid that 30% gas premium.  My 3 year 36,000 is up in September and I'll promptly be getting a tune again to get rid of the tq and engine management and 4cyl mode and I'll have an even bigger smile every time I get in!

Didn’t want to get off topic, but I’ve never driven a Chevy or GMC with the cylinder deactivation or whatever it’s called.  Is it that bad .?   Does the start to buck and drive funny ?  Sorry for my lack of knowledge, just trying to learn more about the newer trucks.  Does it only come on at steady flat land driving highway speed ?

3 hours ago, Joe98 said:

Didn’t want to get off topic, but I’ve never driven a Chevy or GMC with the cylinder deactivation or whatever it’s called.  Is it that bad .?   Does the start to buck and drive funny ?  Sorry for my lack of knowledge, just trying to learn more about the newer trucks.  Does it only come on at steady flat land driving highway speed ?

Just depends on who you ask...The only way I can tell when mine changes is if I watch the DIC show it go from V8 to V4...Some people, however, will act like their truck does a barrel roll every time it changes...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

Where are you seeing the illuminated bowtie for $155? Please post a link as I want one bad lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OEM NEW Illuminated Bow Tie Emblem Kit Front Rear Black 2017 Silverado 84129741 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6BBWSF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gGDlDbJ9HH0HB

I got it awhile back on amazon. They are $245 now but it does come with a black rear one though (rear doesn’t light up). It’s oem but like the reviews say you can’t really see it during the day. 

F7277F47-8D86-4CA9-A102-C5ED125F9471.jpeg

18 hours ago, ksiesel said:

Except for every time you pull up to a pump and have to pay significantly more for the premium fuel that the 6.2 requires and the 5.3 does not.

I have a Vette with a 6.2 and I purposely sought out a Denali with a 5.3 when I purchased my current truck.  Premium fuel was one of the key factors in this decision for me.

The 6.2L engine is the best part about these trucks. 

Premium fuel is recommended but not required. 

Edited by RE1

34 minutes ago, RE1 said:

Lol. Whatever you say, princess. 

The 6.2L engine is the best part about these trucks. 

RE1,

Wow, you sure jumped to derogatory name calling quickly.  Apparently the way you were raised there can only be one point of view on anything and it's acceptable to sling mud at anyone who has a different opinion......way to act with class.

I expressed an opinion that MAY help the OP make a decision to a question he asked and at the very least it highlighted a difference that he may not have been aware of.  I'll not be checking this thread again so don't bother responding to me!

7 minutes ago, ksiesel said:

RE1,

Wow, you sure jumped to derogatory name calling quickly.  Apparently the way you were raised there can only be one point of view on anything and it's acceptable to sling mud at anyone who has a different opinion......way to act with class.

I expressed an opinion that MAY help the OP make a decision to a question he asked and at the very least it highlighted a difference that he may not have been aware of.  I'll not be checking this thread again so don't bother responding to me!

You’re right. My apologies. That was unnecessary. It’s been one of those weeks....

Edited by RE1

I bought used, had the option of a 5.3 Sierra or a 6.2 Sierra within 30 minutes of each other. I use my truck mainly on the road, but being in real estate it's nice having the 4wd option and a bed to throw signs in where the dirt and mud won't really matter. 

I chose the 5.3 because I don't need the 6.2, I don't want to pay for premium gas (and if it's recommended, I'm going to use it), and bottom line the 5.3 is cheaper overall. It has all the power I need given I will rarely ever haul anything.

Sounds to me like you're buying a truck for the same basic reason I did: to drive a truck. Given that, even though I prefer the GMC (front end especially), I would suggest you buy the Chevy. Less purchase money, less gas money, same ability to handle what you want it for since you're not talking about hauling trailers or needing the 6.2. Heck, although it's not a lot, your insurance and property taxes (based on $$ value) will actually be a little less as well. And, to me, the final reason: white is far easier to keep clean than black. Nothing uglier than a dirty black vehicle with swirl marks.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Edited by mcdavis

I bought my Silverado last year its a summit white crew cab with the 6.6bed ltz and I got it with the 6.2 and its been so good! I take mine on some trails and it so much fun.