I actually dont like the front of the 19 Sierra's

I saw a truck the same color and trim as mine coming towards me today and I was like, that is not a good looking truck. The huge frowning grill has always bothered me, but I noticed it reminded me of a new f250 with those skinny factory wheels and tires up front tucked. Like someone hunching their shoulders real tight. 

I'm wondering if some more width in the wheels/ tires might help that look. For me it would mean wheel spacers but factory warranty might not like that, for reasons probably 

Opinions on this will vary widely, and passionately, I’m sure. 

That being said, I think the Chevys look much better head-on than the GMCs. Ford and GMC design is moving the wrong direction, with the big, vertical headlamp assemblies. Chevy and RAM are moving with the trends to horizontal design on the grill. Slimmer, and pulls you across the front end from side to side vs top to bottom. 

That’s my very subjective $0.02. ?

• Like 3

I have to agree.  GMC dropped the ball on the '19.  So many people I talk too including GMC salesman say the same.  I agree the frowning clown face grill is not appealing at all along with those hideous looking sim card fender wells.  WTH is up with that?  I think the black plastic fender well trim just enhances the ugliness of the design.  So GMC make up your mind.  Do you want round fenders or rectangular fenders?  But sim card?  I don't know what the design team was thinking but... it is what it is now.  I've owned both new Sierra's and Silverado's since 1985 and have owned many.  I went with the Silverado for '19 and think it's a better looking truck. I don't see anything hideous, tacky or cheesy about it. 

• Like 3

I liked the '16-18 GMC front ends more than the Chevys but the new models Chevy has the upper hand IMO.  I can't get with the awkward cutout in the headlight area, it's just awkward looking.

10 hours ago, econometrics said:

Opinions on this will vary widely, and passionately, I’m sure. 

That’s my very subjective $0.02. ?

Looks are subjective and this is why we have a choice.  Hell, some people even like the looks of a RAM!  I would choose a Sierra over a Silverado but I appreciate that many prefer the latter. Op you have the best looking '19 on the road, imo, and many agree.  Enjoy your truck!

Until 2019, I don't think I've ever preferred the GMC looks over Chevy. Then they went and made those stupid "cheek-bones" storm-trooper looking front ends on Chevy. I'm glad My current truck will outlive the sale of this current generation. If I was forced to pick one today based only on looks, I'd probly be going to the GMC dealer.

• Like 1

I have an AT4 and the front end looks fine to me. The bugs seem to like it too.

Besides, I've had more compliments on the truck than I could count.

My GF said that a woman should by this truck cause it attracts men like a magnet. LOL

8 minutes ago, FDHog said:

I have an AT4 and the front end looks fine to me. The bugs seem to like it too.

Besides, I've had more compliments on the truck than I could count.

My GF said that a woman should by this truck cause it attracts men like a magnet. LOL

Bugs like a Yugo. I just hear so much different about the Sierra. Do you really like the hideous sim card looking fender wells with the black plastic fender trim that makes it stand out even more? Just curious...

I came from the world of Round fender wells (Ford). I always shyed away from Chevy and GM's square wells. The AT4 with the 18" wheels doesn't seem to bother me. A lot of vehicles on the road have some strange looking fender wells, so I figured what the hell.

When I said bugs seem to like my front end, I meant that my front end is always covered in them.

I actually liked the Denali front end.. my wife was ready to buy it on the spot. I really liked the Dark Red and black and would have bought one if not for the fenders.  I didn't care for the plastic fender molding or the shape of the fenders at all.  The Denali drove great, just didn't think I could ever get used to the fenders though....wife still thinks I'm nuts... 

• Like 1