Crankshaft pulley wobbling (2006 Silverado 1500 v6 4.3L)

For the past few weeks I've been trying to fix the wobbling of my crankshaft pulley and balancer. When I turn the truck on it automatically starts shaking much more than normal. The crankshaft pulley also wobbles. I've replaced the balancer, and then the crankshaft pulley. Still wobbling. I then took off this little piece of like silicon / caulk that looks like someone tried extending the key, a bit. Still wobbled. I have no idea, I really don't think its the crankshaft bolt. I torqued everything down right, I have no ****ing idea. Can't take it to a mechanic either.

Anyone else have this problem? How the hell do I fix it?

Edit: This happened to me when I was pulling out of my drive which is quite bumpy.

Edited by goldentv

I've seen this before. Then the end of the crank snapped off. As noted above check bare crank surface and check for it running out of round.

Did you try running it without the pulley and just watching the balancer/crank rotate?

A bumpy driveway doesn't cause this, imo

Edited by txab

No I haven't tried it without the pulley yet, I can today. As soon as the problem came up I stopped driving it and only started it to test it.

And riverbank it was very sudden. I was turning my wheel to the edge for a 2-point turn and then I noticed it wouldn't go all the way back without some effort. It was very sudden. I did notice a whirring noise when turning my wheel all the way to one side since I got the truck (craigslist).

Remove everything in front of the cover to where JUST the crankshaft snout is exposed. Check runout with a dial indicator. This will tell you if your crank is bent. You need to do this to find the issue. Here's a visual reference for what you need to look at (ignore the specific crank, this is just an example) install the indicator to the snout, zero it out, rotate the crank BY HAND and watch the gauge, if the needle jumps around as it spins, it's bent. 

dial.jpg

Edited by Jglew82

2 hours ago, goldentv said:

And if it bends, I'm guessing im ****ed

If it's bent, then the crank is bent. Not the end of the world, but the engine will need to come out. 

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how all this is related to your driveway.. Do you think you could have smacked the pulley on your driveway/curb/a big ass rock somehow? Not likely, but maybe if you are able to post some pictures or a video of what's going on, that might help.