Need some insight/opions on the damage to my truck.

I get amused at a the change your own oil crowd. Sure if you want to do it go for it. For 60$ I get my oil changed, tires rotated, fluids filled, car washed in the time it takes me to watch ncis on my phone in the waiting room. The person who does it does many a week. In his first week he probably has done more oil changes than the do it yourselfers do in a lifetime. Errors are made, that’s life. Establish a relationship with your dealer. After all the want you to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If they continue to give you flak, call the police and file an accident report, have the cops make an official document stating what transpired. Make them ask the technicians what happened about it falling off the jack in their bays.

If they’re in a metro area, they most likely have security cameras in the shop as well. I guarantee... a truck fell off a a lift, even a portable; if they have cameras, someone has watched it. 

I realize the cops aren’t going to go CSI over this piddly issue, but they will come and ask what happened and write a report. It’s what they do. Once a uniformed cop has asked a question of a technician or two, I bet the truth surfaces.

Whatever happens from there, you will have a report to turn in to your insurance should need be. If this transpired the way you say it did, there is no doubt it should be a full ride repair with white glove service from the dealer. “should be” - WTF has happened to America?

Edited by Darksky

And while you are at it plant a garden for food, slaughter livestock for clothes, and set up your own personal banking system.

SHEESH!

30 minutes ago, PMurray said:

And while you are at it plant a garden for food, slaughter livestock for clothes, and set up your own personal banking system.

SHEESH!

Garden, out, not going to kill animals, but I like your idea about my own banking system.

Now the question of, do I put my own picture on it and see if anyone accepts it, or do I just become a counter fitter until I get my bank up and running?

Garden, out, not going to kill animals, but I like your idea about my own banking system.

Now the question of, do I put my own picture on it and see if anyone accepts it, or do I just become a counter fitter until I get my bank up and running?
Check with Facebook. They seem to have done the legwork.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, PMurray said:

Check with Facebook. They seem to have done the legwork.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Keep the ideas coming, I will be retired by the end of the weekend!!!

On 7/17/2019 at 5:27 PM, KARNUT said:

I get amused at a the change your own oil crowd. Sure if you want to do it go for it. For 60$ I get my oil changed, tires rotated, fluids filled, car washed in the time it takes me to watch ncis on my phone in the waiting room. The person who does it does many a week. In his first week he probably has done more oil changes than the do it yourselfers do in a lifetime. Errors are made, that’s life. Establish a relationship with your dealer. After all the want you to come back.

Mechanics have electric lifts, electric impact wrenches, containers for used motor oil, filters readily available, oil purchased at wholesale price, etc. or you can do it yourself for a couple hours.

My dealership has free lifetime oil change.

Midas does it for $19 and throws in tire rotations for free. Or I could buy six quarts of oil for $5 each.. that's $30. I can't buy wholesale. How much is the filter? $10? So that totals $40.

So that's spending more time and more money. Error, does not compute, error, error.

• Like 2

What damage?  Bend the cheap ARSE bracket back tack weld it up change out the component put some FRAME NOX on it be done!  Tell the owner what you gonna do for me to keep me coming back?  Oil Changes for 2years with washing?

12 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Mechanics have electric lifts, electric impact wrenches, containers for used motor oil, filters readily available, oil purchased at wholesale price, etc. or you can do it yourself for a couple hours.

My dealership has free lifetime oil change.

Midas does it for $19 and throws in tire rotations for free. Or I could buy six quarts of oil for $5 each.. that's $30. I can't buy wholesale. How much is the filter? $10? So that totals $40.

So that's spending more time and more money. Error, does not compute, error, error.

Do the new 5.3 use 6 quarts now instead of 8? I also thought it was full synthetic being used as well which is around $9 a quart here.

1 hour ago, Wayne3593 said:

Do the new 5.3 use 6 quarts now instead of 8? I also thought it was full synthetic being used as well which is around $9 a quart here.

Yes, six quarts. I checked before posting :)

When I said buying oil, I wasn't looking at synthetic, was looking at the cheapest oil.

That's why it's ridiculous to do it myself. It costs more and is very time consuming.

1 hour ago, Wiggums said:

Yes, six quarts. I checked before posting :)

When I said buying oil, I wasn't looking at synthetic, was looking at the cheapest oil.

That's why it's ridiculous to do it myself. It costs more and is very time consuming.

Wonder why they reduced the oil capacity to 6 but hey just helps with cheaper oil changes. Dealership charges $60 to change the oil and rotate the tires on my 14 so I ain't sweating it. They don't even try to upsell the ridiculous services like the top end engine cleaning.

It was mentioned, but I’ll restate.  My biggest concern would be whether or not this would show up as an accident on a CarFax.  If you plan to sell the truck at some point (assuming you don’t keep it like 10+ years), having an accident on it will hurt the value.

Also stated.  I’d be on the owner to first, repair it correctly but then to give me a little for my troubles.  A couple or even lifetime oils changes sounds good.  Especially if you bought the truck there and if you think you’ll buy your next truck there.

So to update and try to keep up all of the suggestions and questions:

Wheels had been put back on, and torqued down, so truck "fell" 8" - 12", which is a guess.

Happened 07/12/2019, truck returned to me 07/18/2018.

Repairs look good, they installed my metal GM skid plates at no charge since they we working under the truck anyway.

And, they are going to be proactive and replace the vacuum pump on our 16 Tahoe under warranty before it possibly goes out.

I receive free oil changes and car washes because I am a loyal/veteran buyer of their lot.

Overall, they made a bad situation into one with a good ending, I will check, but pretty sure it won't be listed as an actual accident, so should be good there.

Here are new photos of the repaired areas.

will post pictures of the skid plates when I take some, should have when it was up on the lift, but that would have required me to be thinking at the time.

20190717_115007_1563390172767.jpg

20190717_115012_1563390172098.jpg

20190717_115052_1563390171617.jpg

20190717_115056_1563390171513.jpg

Yes, six quarts. I checked before posting [emoji4]

Where did you find that info at? I also was certain that it took 8 quarts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

Where did you find that info at? I also was certain that it took 8 quarts.

Ah, I based it on that.. 

But that was without reading further down.. the OP was mistaken, it wasn't 6, it was actually 8 so .. my apologies.