I have a 2019 Denali and the AM radio Reception has slowly gotten worse to the point of no reception at all. The dealer has already replaced the radio once and I thought this was a one off bad infotainment unit. Now I am thinking its something wrong with the wiring / grounding of the antenna. It is scheduled to go into the dealer again for them to have a look and see if they can find the issue. Anyone else out there with the same problem. I know some of you are going to say why do you  care about AM radio... I listen to Local sports talk radio on it and that's all I use it for.

The Reception slowly got worse and worse to the point of no reception at all!

I understand the OP’s concern as it should work, but I haven’t even used my radio, streaming from iHeartRadio and others sounds way better. OP, sounds like time for a visit to the dealer. 

Dealership has replaced the Radio in the truck twice now. The reception gets to the point where there is none at all for AM. I don't listen to AM much and don't feel like streaming radio stations for free as Data on the phone is very expensive in Canada. I can already tell on this third radio that the reception is slowly deteriorating. the Dealership told me GM engineering advised to keep replacing the radio but I have a feeling there is more going on than just the radio.