Audio overlay with USB connected iPhone

Next up on my rounds of issues - in the past 2 days my infotainment has become damn useless with music. Wondering if anyone here has seen this before - I can't find much on it.

Suddenly yesterday, whenever I attempt to play audio from my iPhone, either in the audio app or within Carplay, whatever radio station I was listening to last (FM or XM) is played over the audio from my iPhone (either Spotify or in the Music app). Restarting the phone, restarting the truck, turning the audio off any on, going through the menus and terminating the audio apps, nothing works. The only way I have managed to get it working properly has been to shut the truck off, open and close the door and wait until I see the infotainment screen go completely dark, come back on and then go dark again, plug my phone in and start the truck up. Only after that mess will I get just audio from my phone. Both yesterday and this morning it did this same thing.

I am on v509 - still have not gotten v803 (not sure if it is still delayed).

Anyone else seen this? Given all of my electrical issues I am not sure if this is a minor software issue or something that may have been damaged in one of the surges that blew out the TCM and ECM in my truck.