AT4 vs Denali

1 minute ago, Pastusak.t said:

Wow... those are ugly. They must belong on the silverado?. But seriously I hope you don’t have to pay extra for those!

Agreed, I'm not a fan...

30 minutes ago, MrChips said:

It appears like there's an all black wheel option for the AT4's, I don't see this on the build options....

Order guide shows this one, so dealer should be able to price/order:

SHH         LPO, 20" (50.8 cm) High gloss Black painted wheels, (dealer installed)
 - Requires (QF9) LT275/65R20 all-terrain, blackwall tires. 

Available on 2500 AT4 and Denali trim

Edited by redwngr

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:14 AM, brclark82 said:

So it looks like from the research I've done the only differences are the seat coverings (higher quality leather that is all black as opposed to brown inserts, as well real leather in the rear bench seat), grille, and wheels.  That probably makes sense to me given the price difference is only $1000.

Now back to the Trailer TPMS and this wording from GM:

SLT, AT4, Denali - Includes trailer tire pressure monitoring alert ONLY when (PTT) trailer tire pressure monitor system is factory ordered and sensors are installed

So does this mean that if you order the sensors aftermarket that they will work and display pressures but it won't actually alert you to an issue?  Or is it trying to say the senors have to be ordered with the truck to work at all?  Because I'm pretty sure it's already been proven that aftermarket sensors will work (I believe).

ever get answer?

• 3 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, brclark82 said:

So it looks like from the research I've done the only differences are the seat coverings (higher quality leather that is all black as opposed to brown inserts, as well real leather in the rear bench seat), grille, and wheels.  That probably makes sense to me given the price difference is only $1000.

Now back to the Trailer TPMS and this wording from GM:

SLT, AT4, Denali - Includes trailer tire pressure monitoring alert ONLY when (PTT) trailer tire pressure monitor system is factory ordered and sensors are installed

So does this mean that if you order the sensors aftermarket that they will work and display pressures but it won't actually alert you to an issue?  Or is it trying to say the senors have to be ordered with the truck to work at all?  Because I'm pretty sure it's already been proven that aftermarket sensors will work (I believe).

I had my dealer sell them to me for $50 as that is what they would have cost if ordered with build.  Then I paid i think only $20 to have discount tire install, programming is a breeze.

Before I ordered this spring, I built an AT4, SLT, and the truck a I purchased, a Denali Ultimate.  You can option them all identically, functionally.  It comes down to badging and appearance on the outside and interior, that's it.  The AT4 1500 at least offers a factory lift and tires, my Denali 2500 is just as off-road capable as the AT4 2500, and can be the same for the SLT (X31 off road formerly Z71 left to Chevy).  In fact a loaded SLT with chrome tow hooks was priced identical to my Denali Ultimate on the website.  The only "option" I saw that the Denali  and SLT have over a loaded up AT4 are the 4 digital gauges on the dash.  Not only are they digital instead of analog, the voltmeter "transforms" to transmission temperature when in tow/haul mode.  That may explain the $1000 price difference from the Denali and SLT from the AT4. My 16 was a loaded SLT because I wanted chrome bumpers.  Even then, it only lacked the digital gauge feature to the Denali. 

Edited by Shawn T

On 12/4/2019 at 10:56 AM, Shawn T said:

Before I ordered this spring, I built an AT4, SLT, and the truck a I purchased, a Denali Ultimate.  You can option them all identically, functionally.  It comes down to badging and appearance on the outside and interior, that's it.  The AT4 1500 at least offers a factory lift and tires, my Denali 2500 is just as off-road capable as the AT4 2500, and can be the same for the SLT (X31 off road formerly Z71 left to Chevy).  In fact a loaded SLT with chrome tow hooks was priced identical to my Denali Ultimate on the website.  The only "option" I saw that the Denali  and SLT have over a loaded up AT4 are the 4 digital gauges on the dash.  Not only are they digital instead of analog, the voltmeter "transforms" to transmission temperature when in tow/haul mode.  That may explain the $1000 price difference from the Denali and SLT from the AT4. My 16 was a loaded SLT because I wanted chrome bumpers.  Even then, it only lacked the digital gauge feature to the Denali. 

As of now you can option a set of $2200 chromed aluminum wheels on the Denali. Was not available when I ordered mine. I’m assuming there will be other added options only available to the Denali throughout the year to separate it from the pack. 

Not sure if it holds true for the T1 trucks or not, but the K2 Denali's had an exclusive dash cluster that you could not get in an SLT All Terrain (AT4). Many people purchased the Denali cluster for their K2 trucks and had it programmed to their Vin as it was a much nicer cluster. I always buy AT4 1500's over Denali for my half tons. They are the best looking package hands down. This was my 2010, 2015, next year probably a new 2020. My HD's are always base models or SLE, they get a hard life. 

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 7:53 PM, AT4 HD Ron said:

AT4 has the four digital top center gauges

Gotcha, it has to be the seat leather.  I wonder if the SLT has the same leather as the Denali?

On 12/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, Shawn T said:

Gotcha, it has to be the seat leather.  I wonder if the SLT has the same leather as the Denali?

Seat descriptions from the guide for front buckets with console:

SLT and AT4 --  Perforated Leather-appointed front seats (but AT4 colours are only available on AT4)

Denali    --        Forge Perforated Leather-appointed ( has a Denali only colour combo)

All three have the same heating, ventilating, adjustability and memory options, either as standard or available.  

The AT4 HD doesn’t include the subwoofer with premium Bose sound package. 6vs7 speakers if I recall correctly. I know my AT4 HD didn’t. In fact the Rear speakers are barely Even audible.  Definitely plan on adding the woofer. Badly needed.