Silverado RST Z71 Ride Quality Sucks

5 minutes ago, HBKidJr said:

What exactly is the holdup on these shocks? Seems this is dragging out longer than usual. Has anybody here replaced their shocks with any other manufacturer with good results? Or are there no other options anywhere right now?

Not sold yet for the T1's.

36 minutes ago, HBKidJr said:

What exactly is the holdup on these shocks? Seems this is dragging out longer than usual. Has anybody here replaced their shocks with any other manufacturer with good results? Or are there no other options anywhere right now?

Eibach is the only affordable option they have. Just the rears are available but the fronts are rumored to be available soon.

https://eibach.com/us/c-56-car-truck-suv.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBKidJr said:

Not sure, but they're just not out there yet. Someone in the forum said August a while back. 

Eibach makes some, I believe. I hear they're pretty good, but I can wait for the Bilsteins. Gives me more time to save some cash, too. 

24 minutes ago, Bikeman said:

19 rst z71, I think it rides great. Have not noticed the back end kicking out. Running tires at 44 psi. I did drive a 2500 for 10yrs so anything is going to be smoother...

Wow. You need to release some air from those things. What tire / wheel are you running? That's high. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, econometrics said:

Wow. You need to release some air from those things. What tire / wheel are you running? That's high. 

20" duelers I think. Max tire pressure is 44 according to the side wall. Ran my 16 like that as well. Seemed better for towing.

The Rams are unquestionably going to ride better, I’d love a set of Filthy Motorsport spec king shocks one day, they can custom valve shocks for street or off-road applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your in any sort of salt they will rust like a bitch in 6 months

20" duelers I think. Max tire pressure is 44 according to the side wall. Ran my 16 like that as well. Seemed better for towing.

You should be running like 36 psi

That’s really going to make the ride much harsher

And those tires are average at best...

Get the best tires you can afford and run the proper psi on a COLD tire

Tires and proper psi are so critical for getting optima ride quality and performance yet I feel is often overlooked

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HBKidJr said:

Bilstein is always slow to release shocks for new trucks. Even just the updated 2014 K2 trucks were different enough that it took nearly a year for Bilstein to create new parts specifically for them.

3 hours ago, Bikeman said:

Overinflated tires with a shorter sidewall will absolutely cause more lateral instability over bumps. My 2014's factory 275/55R20's when inflated over 40 PSI cuase the tires to skip and bounce over rough pavement and create the fishtailing sensation. When dropped back down to factory inflation spec, the fishtailing or kicking out sensation was almost completely gone. 

6 minutes ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Overinflated tires with a shorter sidewall will absolutely cause more lateral instability over bumps. My 2014's factory 275/55R20's when inflated over 40 PSI cuase the tires to skip and bounce over rough pavement and create the fishtailing sensation. When dropped back down to factory inflation spec, the fishtailing or kicking out sensation was almost completely gone. 

yup yup

you dont inflate your tires based on max tire PSI lettering on a tire.

you should be at 36.  Lots of engineering went into figuring out that number.  the suspension is design to work with a tire set at that number. 

On 7/22/2019 at 8:19 AM, bullet3z said:

Think what you want. I do not have the Z71 package on my RST.  The truck has already been back to the Dealership for service. The passenger side rear shock broke in half. When I say half, it was completely folded in two. It was replaced under warranty. That will be for another thread. 

Apparently local road conditions play a large factor in these complaints. I do not drive off road or on dirt roads. My experience has only been on paved roadways. Approximately 3,000 miles to date. You are more than welcome to go for a ride in the truck and see if a 2019 truck should react like it does in my driving conditions. The rear end kick out on stutter bumps is no joke. This is not my 1st full Silverdao. My 03 Silverado Z71 rode and handled great. It did not react the same as this truck does on the same roads. 

I do not hate the truck. I just do not like the way it handles and reacts. 

Very accurate response and exactly what I am experiencing and yes I have owned many trucks over the past 40 years 

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I ordered Eibach pro-truck RHA for front and pro-truck for rear. Shocks will be here early next week. Struts are in final testing stages with a 2-3 week shipped timeframe. Will continue to post as I get em installed! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've driven 40 miles with them in so far and the difference is outstanding. No more bouncing/rolling/unpredictability in the rear. It's bump and then the ass end is planted, even at high speeds. Curves feel more in control. Can't wait for my fronts to arrive! Shouldn't have to pay $450 to make a brand new truck ride decent but it's well worth it so far.

20190819_093808.jpg

• Like 4