question on LS engines

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I remember a 67 327 that had factory 375 HP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the fuel injected one, right?

High octane gas and high compression could do wonders, and create a lot of NOx emissions.

My brother bought a 64 impala ss that had one in it. Bought it that way. Not real impressed other than it rev pretty high. Not really suited for a heavy car. Probably a blast in the wreck Camaro it came out of.

2 minutes ago, riverbanks said:

There's one then,that lasted,how about the dz 302,I have seen one

I knew a guy in the late 80's who had whatever year Camaro came with that, 68 I think.  He lost a drag race and when he got home later, got mad and threw a log through the windshield, then let it sit and deteriorate.  He sold some parts off it for a year or two then burned it.

That was the fuel injected one, right?

High octane gas and high compression could do wonders, and create a lot of NOx emissions.

If memory serves. You could get it in a variety of Chevys.

The"fuelie",got me thinking of the old days now

Got me testing my memory. I believe a vette only option. Going out on a limb and saying 58, 283.

1 hour ago, riverbanks said:

Nobody has mentioned the bulletproof 307,lol

I thought about mentioning the 302, 305, and 307 but didn't go down that path.  I guess I should have, since there is a 305 / 5.0L "Vortec" motor used in 90's trucks.

Yep, the 302 was a screamer,4.56 rear, keep it high on revs,tiny,but fun,and back at copo, remember that,yenko learned how to get the goods from factory,central office production order,copo,I have a 70 4 bolt main,400 on a stand,copo,out of a Monte Carlo

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Got me testing my memory. I believe a vette only option. Going out on a limb and saying 58, 283.

Yes, I believe there was a fuelie 283 vette in the late 50's, but I'm also near positive there was a fuelie 327 vette for several years in the 60's.  At least one year.

Got to remember,stick,most of us had three on the tree,top of second was fun

I got to own only one Chevy stick shift. My last Chevy collector car. El Camino 327-250HP 4speed factory AC car.