question on LS engines

I had a car most people never heard of or seen. 1970 Mark Donahue special. Javelin SST 390, Hurst, track pack. I got it cheap in 1975. Someone stole the back wheels and dropped the car. It had AC, low fuel light and even a back window defrost. The radio was stolen too and dash messed up a bit. 30K miles on it. I paid 800$ for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83a4526e6070f65cb72f0bc64b5a589f.jpg

I remember when guys rip off that "junk" Rochester fuel injection off. Much rather have dual quad or tri power. Mostly they just didn't know how to tune it. They are worth a fortune today.

Edited by tbarn

3 hours ago, tbarn said:

I remember when guys rip off that "junk" Rochester fuel injection off. Much rather have dual quad or tri power. Mostly they just didn't know how to tune it. They are worth a fortune today.

One of our service advisors has attested to this.  He used to race and crew in the day at Watkins Glen a lot, ran a Pontiac Trans Am.  They ran Quadrajets, and had guys that knew them inside and out.  

I used Q-jets for one reason among many. The main reason was if they flooded the fuel would go in the engine. Bad, but Holley carbs I used would go external all over the hot engine. They did perform better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q-jets were much better than people thought. No problem on a 10 second NHRA stock or super stock car. I never had problems as long as you epoxied the leaky wells.

• Like 1