Max Trailer Package = Sporty Ride

All I seem to read  on here are posts saying how horrible the T1 rides are; I thought I would add a different perspective for others thinking about getting a T1.  I have a 4X2  RST Max Trailer on 20s with 3.5K miles on it and it drives very sporty with a ton of power. This is my 1st truck and I am surprised at how well it handles and drives..... I truly love it.   Just curious if others who have the Max Trailer package feel the same way about their T1's ride quality.  Surly I cant be the only one who actually likes the way they ride.  Note> I have not towed anything yet :(

• Like 1

I love the way mine rides and handles but I have the 18" rims I like tire sidewall hate big rims with tires that look like rubberbands wrapped around the rim. Iam coming from a 2500HD since 2001 then 2007, 2012 and 2015. I have no need for a 2500 anymore and iam so happy to be back in a 1500.

Edited by Silverado4x4

My RST Z71 handles extremely well. The ride, however, can be pretty bad at times. It really just depends on the road. 

Here in DFW, we have some bad sections of road and highway, and those are usually always concrete, which is much less forgiving. Whenever I’m on newer paved asphalt, the RST rides considerably better. 

Lowering my PSI helped a good bit, but I’m still eager to get some Bilsteins to replace my Ranchos. 

The ride on my RST is much better than my former '16 Z71, became tired of the ride on knobby tires and bottom of the line Bilsteins. The RST response and handling with optional 285/50 R22's in sport mode is nothing short of incredible for a truck.

Edited by Thomcat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HBKidJr said:

The RST wheel is the best stock wheel GM has available right now. The rest are borderline garbage. 

Agreed, I like the RST / LT 20" wheel the best. The LTZ / HC 20's are nice, though, too... just too polished / glossy for my tastes. 

The 20" TB wheel is... yuck. If they would have had a better 20" TB wheel, I probably would have bought a TB instead of my RST. 

The RST 20" wheel is the first wheel since the 2007/2008 20" aluminum wheel that doesn't look like cheap-o chrome. Very happy GM went back to machined aluminum on this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, econometrics said:

Agreed, I like the RST / LT 20" wheel the best. The LTZ / HC 20's are nice, though, too... just too polished / glossy for my tastes. 

The 20" TB wheel is... yuck. If they would have had a better 20" TB wheel, I probably would have bought a TB instead of my RST. 

The RST 20" wheel is the first wheel since the 2007/2008 20" aluminum wheel that doesn't look like cheap-o chrome. Very happy GM went back to machined aluminum on this. 

Man that High Country 22" wheel is awful though. It feels like GM phoned it in on this generation truck. The other manufacturers have much better options right now, as far as looks go.

13 hours ago, econometrics said:

My RST Z71 handles extremely well. The ride, however, can be pretty bad at times. It really just depends on the road. 

Here in DFW, we have some bad sections of road and highway, and those are usually always concrete, which is much less forgiving. Whenever I’m on newer paved asphalt, the RST rides considerably better. 

Lowering my PSI helped a good bit, but I’m still eager to get some Bilsteins to replace my Ranchos. 

FWIW  It is popular to replace Ranchos with Bilsteins particularly when wanting a little lift up front.  They are also a decent replacement shock for when your current shocks break down or wear out.  Setting your expectations that switching now will make a noticeable difference on rough concrete roads may lead to disappointment. This comment is not based on first-hand experience but enough research to keep my stock shocks until they wear out or break down!