2019 Crew Cab Rear Door Window Noise

Anyone else with a crew cab (or possibly other cab style) notice that while driving at speeds 55mph or higher with the rear door windows all the way down results in an almost deafening whop whop whop like or flapping type of sound that practically hurts your ears?  Would be what I would call a low frequency.  It gets worse the more open the windows are.  My 2016 Sierra Crew did this as well, can't recall if my 2012 LTZ Crew did it or not but I think it did.  Any ideas what is the culprit?  I rarely drive with the rear windows down but when they are, it's maddening and almost makes my ear drums feel like they're going to pop.  Not something I'm worried about more than curious what causes it.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Wheelguy

Its been the same problem for years. Get used to driving with all down or all up.

No longer can you open 1 window to let a fart out without the wife screaming at you to put the window up.

• Like 1

I don’t notice it with front windows much , only rears and CC. The fact that I didn’t notice in previous trucks I had was probably due to the 2012 being my first CC and rear windows went through a period where they only went half way down once they stopped making fold outs on the former extended cabs.

Vented seats just blow farts right in my face this time of year. Heated seats make them smell worse so it’s a no win for me on the fart front. I typically just crack the window on her side so it sucks out that direction and she can get the utmost pleasure from it.

Thanks for the info - never heard of it before....throbbing is a good description but you couldn’t pay me to use that word around you guys. :D

Edited by Wheelguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1