2019 gmc sierra AT4 grille removal HELP

UGH, Have fun.  Had to do it for my over lay.   Found these from another post.

Well there was an earlier post that said all you had to undo was the top bolts to remove it.  I removed the entire font valance, which I would not recommend for most to do.

1.  You have to remove the wheel arch moldings at least half way to reach a bolt towards the top of the front Valance.

2.  There are push clips and body clips everywhere.  The hard ones are where the valance meets the front fender as its really hard to get the trim tool in there

3.  There are to clips that hold the fog lamp air intake to the Frame, 2 clips and 3 U-Body clips for the trim by the headlights, 3 push clips across the front and 4 body clips as well. 

4.  You need two people to support the valance until you have the clips off so 1 side wont twist and fall

5  there are 3 bots on the bottom of the grill (that I though or think hold it on as well)

6.  Replace the valance by starting on 1 side, do not do the middle section till the end as the trim that goes up to the headlights takes some fiddling to get right and with the bottom clipped you wont have the clearance to get them all aligned.

The grill lifts up with a bit of a tug.

I plan to never ever take it off again.

And used this video on the lower clip access... its an 2018, but the lower clips are the same.

I broke one clip in the process on reinstallation...

0709191100a_HDR.jpg

• 4 months later...
UGH, Have fun.  Had to do it for my over lay.   Found these from another post.

Well there was an earlier post that said all you had to undo was the top bolts to remove it.  I removed the entire font valance, which I would not recommend for most to do.

1.  You have to remove the wheel arch moldings at least half way to reach a bolt towards the top of the front Valance.

2.  There are push clips and body clips everywhere.  The hard ones are where the valance meets the front fender as its really hard to get the trim tool in there

3.  There are to clips that hold the fog lamp air intake to the Frame, 2 clips and 3 U-Body clips for the trim by the headlights, 3 push clips across the front and 4 body clips as well. 

4.  You need two people to support the valance until you have the clips off so 1 side wont twist and fall

5  there are 3 bots on the bottom of the grill (that I though or think hold it on as well)

6.  Replace the valance by starting on 1 side, do not do the middle section till the end as the trim that goes up to the headlights takes some fiddling to get right and with the bottom clipped you wont have the clearance to get them all aligned.

The grill lifts up with a bit of a tug.

I plan to never ever take it off again.

And used this video on the lower clip access... its an 2018, but the lower clips are the same.

[/url]

I broke one clip in the process on reinstallation...

0709191100a_HDR.thumb.jpg.7f28aff22ba2798f4ab4eda91bdb2985.jpg

Does that license plate bar mess with your front parking sensors?