3.0 Diesel w 2wd gets a 33 MPG rating on HWY.

Guys this is pretty impressive if you ask me. With ford and Ram at least 3+ full MPG behind this is a nice accomplishment for the GM engineers. 

https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/07/2020-chevy-silverado-1500-3-0l-diesel-wow-the-official-mpg-is-a-surprise-news/

Hoping this helps with sales too! 

If you could get the engine in a Texas Edition SLE or even a work truck, they would sell a ton. You’re at mid size car mileage. Those packages would put you at the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

If you could get the engine in a Texas Edition SLE or even a work truck, they would sell a ton. You’re at mid size car mileage. Those packages would put you at the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get it in the SLE and LT/RST trims.  

Edited by lrtexasman
  • Like 1

As a $2500 upgrade + 40 cents a gallon more for diesel plus DEF fluid it's probably going to take you 60 to 70,000 mi to break even for the extra cost. Assuming you're going from about 20 mpg to maybe 30 mpg avg.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The gap will widen while towing.  The 5.3 peaks at 383 ft-lbs at 4100 RPM vs the diesel that is making 460 ft-lbs at 1500 rpm.   The 6.2 is making its 460 peak at 4100 as well.   Both of those are great engines, but the diesel is going to be a great for towing and high altitudes.  Then there is the range benefit - the 24 gallon gas tank when towing something big is probably good for 170 miles before needing to find gas.  I wouldn't be surprised for a diesel to make it 300 miles/tank with the same load.

Edited by ChuckTaylor

A big selling point of the I6 is that aside from the fuel economy, it should be a really smooth engine while cruising. From what I've been reading, the conclusion most have come to is that the 3.0L Duramax is based on the same design as the Mercedes-Benz OM-656 3.0L I6 diesel. That engine has gotten a ton of praise for how smooth and refined it is. I wish GM would offer a larger fuel tank for the towing crowd. Only offering a 24 gallon tank is just silly.

• Like 1