2 hours ago, flyingfool said:

whats the part number for the gps upgraded nav?

all the trucks have gps if you have a shark fin on the roof... unless the nav radio comes with a second gps  antenna 

Google is your friend.  I'm not doing your legwork for you, as my truck was forced to get the worthless GPS due to wanting other options so I have no interest in knowing.

Yes, the Shark Fin has a GPS antenna.  Antenna != GPS unit.  It's just an antenna.  You need the correct HMI to be able to utilize the GPS antenna.  Simply put, your truck does not have GPS in it.  So either spend a bunch of money on a junk GPS, or simply download offline Google maps and have a much better GPS experience with $0 out of pocket.  

• 3 weeks later...

Chris,

Are you guys working on potentially being able to add "factory towing brake controller" to trucks that do not come with the option installed?

I've heard that factory brake controller runs through the BCM and just replacing the switch or modules will NOT grant an operable controller....

Chris, as my truck is a Canadian spec I cant turn my headlights off at night. I read that you guys can fix that but I don't see that option listed in your original post or on your website. Is that something that can be added to the package you're offering?

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

Chris, as my truck is a Canadian spec I cant turn my headlights off at night. I read that you guys can fix that but I don't see that option listed in your original post or on your website. Is that something that can be added to the package you're offering?

Yup that’s no problem at all! If you guys have application specific questions / future additions etc please contact through the website as we can answer things in more detail there :)

3 hours ago, Canadian GM Guy said:

Just a curiosity question, why would you want to turn your lights off at night? Just while sitting running or something like that?

Just a curiosity question, why would you want to turn your lights off at night? Just while sitting running or something like that?
I have tinted windows and the daylight sensor isn't sensitive/or too sensitive so my auto headlights come on when the suns still up and I'm wearing sunglasses. All of a sudden my gauges aren't readable and my nav screen goes into night mode. I'd like to be able to just flick out of auto when needed until it's actually dark out.

Got it. So it will be no different than the American versions. That’s cool they can get you setup then. Here in the Midwest there are more than enough idiots that drive around at night without their lights on. 

3 hours ago, Canadian GM Guy said:

Dude you're a life saver!

Not quite THAT good LOL But thank you for the kind words and I definitely understand why you'd want to do this! :)

• Like 1

Got it. So it will be no different than the American versions. That’s cool they can get you setup then. Here in the Midwest there are more than enough idiots that drive around at night without their lights on. 
That's the goal! And tell me about it, we have that problem here too, Asian vehicles are the worst culprits because the gauges stay lit and the DRL's light the road so you don't even see them from behind on a dark road. Even worse is the people that think they need their brights on in the city. I plan on getting some LED reversing flood lamps in my rear bumper, they'll double nicely as a deterrent for anyone who's behind me with their brights on [emoji6]

On 12/8/2019 at 8:57 AM, Canadian GM Guy said:

I have tinted windows and the daylight sensor isn't sensitive/or too sensitive so my auto headlights come on when the suns still up and I'm wearing sunglasses. All of a sudden my gauges aren't readable and my nav screen goes into night mode. I'd like to be able to just flick out of auto when needed until it's actually dark out.

Not sure but you might want to try this “mod” first? 

Edited by wforrest08

Little late to the reply and have been promising Chris a post for the work.

I had the HMI unlocked and BCM spec programming done on my 2016 Yukon XL Denali. I can't say enough about the support through this process. Chris answered all my questions (and I had a fair amount) without hesitation and no delay. They performed the work and had a quick tun around on both modules. Everything worked as expected and couldn't have been easier. I now have the unlocked HMI... mainly for the video in motion function for watching the fire tv, etc. The BCM spec programming is pretty cool as well. mainly for me was having a legit capability to have the fogs on with highs as well as the intellibeam still being functional. It's nice to be able to vent the windows as well with the key fob. Overall... I couldn't be happier. Top notch service and communication from start to finish. Now I just need to figure out getting the wire powered so I can turn on the backup camera while in motion.

If it's something you're on the fence about... do it! I know Pgamboa did an in depth review however, feel free to ping me with any questions.

• Like 1