In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

campinfamily

help...Multipro Tailgate Light Accessory

Hey everyone, wondering if anyone can help.  I ordered the lights for the tailgate but says i need to contact my dealer for installation instructions.  Can anyone that has access to the GM Service Info (SI) pull them for me?

part #84347814

for a 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 LT- with off road package.  Short bed Crew cab

Thanks for any help!

It’s a pretty simple installation. Check my post here. Ignore the P/N difference. Instructions are attached at the bottom of the post if you’d rather not read my ramblings though I recommend it so you’ll be fully aware about disconnecting the existing harness plugged into the tailgate light. I was a bit surprised how much force it took to pull it off.

Hope this helps & good luck. Feel free to msg me if necessary.

Edited by Wheelguy
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

It’s a pretty simple installation. Check my post here. Ignore the P/N difference. Instructions are attached at the bottom of the post if you’d rather not read my ramblings though I recommend it so you’ll be fully aware about disconnecting the existing harness plugged into the tailgate light. I was a bit surprised how much force it took to pull it off.

Hope this helps & good luck. Feel free to msg me if necessary.

Thanks!!  Your write up was more useful.  the instructions pics look upside down, or maybe they did this form inside the bed?  

love this site, and the truck!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, campinfamily said:

Thanks!!  Your write up was more useful.  the instructions pics look upside down, or maybe they did this form inside the bed?  

love this site, and the truck!

No problem. Glad it helped. I never really paid much attention to the pictures during my installation (had help from another member here) but yeah, they appear to be from inside the bed with the tailgate down & from inside the bed. I noticed the P/N was also different on the instructions as well.

Edited by Wheelguy

They're pretty self explanatory, once you pry out the plastic inserts the lights will clip right in, and there's no wrong way to hook up the wires. 

On 2/23/2020 at 9:58 AM, Ranchonodinero said:

Can you have lights and the kicker stereo system?

It appears that you can.  There are some rubber type plugs that are present where the lights should be.  I haven't ordered a kit, but I will.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:58 AM, Ranchonodinero said:

Can you have lights and the kicker stereo system?

Yes.  The kicker has two small rubber plugs you remove.  The LED light assemblies need to be removed from the "trays" that they come in with the kit, and the holes left by the rubber plugs are sized to hold the LEDs perfectly.

How did you wire the lights with the kicker? The connector with the lights is wrong to go with the kicker and GM outfitters says you have to make a choice one or the other.