In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Broadbent

2017 Sierra 7 Inch Radio Apple Carplay Won't Connect

Hello All,

I just bought 2017 sierra with the 7 inch touchscreen that advertisted as compatible with apple Carplay and Android auto. For whatever reason myself, the dealer, and the GM infotainment support can't figure out why it isn't working with apple. We can get the radio to work with Android Auto and connects right away as it should so I think that confirms that the USB port is not faulty and is correctly transferring data. I am using an Iphone 8 IOS ver 12.4 with the factory cable in good condition(no fraying of the cable) and have confirmed that the phone cable combination works in my girlfriends 2017 Chevy Cruze. We have also tried it with different cable combinations and different IPhones.

Occasionally when an Iphone is plugged into it a message will appear on the radio saying "Playback Source is not available" and I have attached a picture of the message.

Just a quick rundown of things I have tried to help with troubleshooting:

• Made sure that the Apple Carplay is on in the settings of the radio.
  • Double checked that "press home for Siri is enabled"
  • Double checked that the screen time settings weren't preventing carplay from working
  • forgot phone in bluetooth settings and re-paired it.
  • factory reset of radio
  • tried different Iphones (IPhone 6, IPhone 8, IPhone XR, IPhone XS)
  • tried different cables (and confirmed they all worked in the 2017 Chevy Cruze)
  • Made sure the phones worked with Apple Carplay in the 2017 Cruze.
  • tried all USB ports in the truck.

Appreciate all the help

Jacob

IMG_0417.jpg

Edited by Jacob Broadbent

The universe is trying to send you a message. Go Android! Come to the dark side, we have less expensive phones that work great!

That's a problem for the dealer. If they can't get it to work, they need to replace your radio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Samuel Blackwell
      I have been trying to wire up a new stereo for my 2005 express, and I have already cut the factory harness (oops). The problem I have is that I cannot find out where the accessory wire is, and consequently the new unit will not shut off with the car because it's only wired to the 12v constant. I gave tried to use a multimeter to find the accesory wire by having the key in the on position and seeing which wire reads 12v, but the only wire I get a reading for is the 12v constant wire. Anybody know which wire is the accessory wire? Or whether there even is one?
    • By jshbatatta89
      Had my truck worked on at a body shop(dent fix and new windshield) then straight to a proper detailing.
      I assume one of the two disconnected my batteries (L5P Durramax).
      Now, the buttons and controls on the steering wheel do not respond. 
      Confirmed with both shops, nothing was disconnected from the steering column.
      Everything else, horn, dash, lights, radio, etc. All function correctly. Only the stero paddles, and menu nav buttons do not work.

Scanned all the modules for codes and received back 2 codes in the Instrument Panel Cluster.
      DTC 1: B3622-39 Steering Wheel Controls Signal Circuit - Internal Malfunction - (No ****** Sherlock)
      DTC 2 : U1510-00 LIN Bus Lost Communication with Device 0 - (Ah yes, Device 0, obviously). I am not sold on the clock spring still as I don't have any SRS module codes.

Repair manual says those codes together is a short to ground.

Cheryl on-top was this YouTube video,

Anyone have enough knowledge to help me figure if it's a bad module or a cut wire?

• By Rockstarmayhm
      Can any give some insight on which wires are connected to which speakers on the green plug. I have attached a picture. There are a total of 10 wires and I’m assuming they are (LF+/-)(RF+/-), (RR+/-), (LR+/-) 12V and ground but do not know which goes to where. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

• By RogueOneOverland
      Finally finished my stereo setup. SoundMan iPad Dash Kit, AudioQuest DragonFly DAC, AudioControl Overdrive Plus, JL Audio HD900/5, JL Audio 8W3v3-4, Focal K2 Power 6.5, 33 Sq Ft of SoundSkins Dampening, SMD OM-1 Monitors on highs and lows. 

• By th3magpi3
      Hi everybody!

As some of you may know, I've been working hard to help the lovely members of this forums program some of their vehicles to add unique and exciting features to their trucks and cars.

Well, I'm happy to announce a project I've been working very hard on over the last few months. Welcome to Coastal Flash!

Final_Short.mp4

We have been spending countless hours taking the time to develop new products and features for our line of vehicles and add them all to an easy to use marketplace for all members of the forum to enjoy.

We're happy to offer free shipping on all kit purchases across North America and also are happy to provide phone support to anybody who purchases our services. Plus, we will beat any price quoted by our competitors on kits and programming services. It's not about being the cheapest, but about making these upgrades more affordable for the average user. The entire reason this market was formed was because we felt the current market was monopolized and overcharging for their services. Coastal Flash is here to put an end to that.

Currently, we offer:

Both 2.0-2.5 HMI Carplay/Android Auto kits & Programming Denali Cluster Programming and Upgrades Video in Motion Unlocks Rear Camera in Motion Unlock & Harness Custom HMI Boot Animations and Splash Screens Amplifier repair Late 90's - mid 2010's Radio Linking and Testing Navigation Updates Custom Reverse Engineering Services And many more services...  
      So please, if you are interested in getting any of these upgrades done to your vehicle, I encourage you to take a look at what we've been up to!

Feel free to take a look through some of the upgrade threads posted here on the forums and look at the reviews some customers have been leaving for our services. I think their words speak for themselves. 

I'm also very open to ideas or suggestions from forum members of what you'd like to see installed into your vehicles, so feel free to send me a PM or an email and let me know what mod you'd like to see done next. Nothing is too big or too small.

I'll be consistently monitoring this thread and updating it with new services and discoveries as we make them available.

Oh, and one more thing, we're offering some special discounts for Black Friday and Cyber Monday so feel free to stop by, take a look around and save some cash on that new upgrade you've been wanting to get.

Thanks for stopping by and thank you to everyone who has shown us so much encouragement and support over the last year as we've gotten our products and services tuned in. I can't wait to show you what else we have in store for you in the near future 😉

Talk to you all soon...

-Mag