Aluminium center caps with black bow tie

26 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

It doesn’t take much to pull them out. Use the trick I posted, or a strong suction cup or even a nylon trim removal tool would probably work.

I’m going to give it a try.  I got close with a small watch flathead and think it will leave enough room for the non mar pry tool, don’t have the new centers yet, so didn’t want to go thru all the effort to just pop them back in. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 10:02 PM, OnTheReel said:

It doesn’t take much to pull them out. Use the trick I posted, or a strong suction cup or even a nylon trim removal tool would probably work.

I tried for a while with the nylon non mar tools.  3 times I got close and before I could slip another one in to pry all the way out it would pop back in.  

I lost patience. 

D4D82697-A265-4A3C-9E77-96B8CED2FC80.jpeg

• 3 months later...
46 minutes ago, CGUY66 said:

Will these caps fit the 2018 18 inch Z71 wheel? Any info appreciated!

spacer.png

2019 and up caps are the same size as the last generation of wheels.

On 12/26/2019 at 9:50 PM, lapoolboy said:

Have we gotten so lazy that we can't take 3 minutes to pull the wheel off? ?

There's lazy and then there's foolish. Three minutes to pull a wheel, yeah maybe if you use the suction method, but no removing tires. Wouldn't take 3 minutes with the car is already 4 feet off the ground on a hydraulic lift, compressor is charged and you have a decent air wrench. Then you only have to remove and reinstall 400 lbs+ of tires on wheels.

Been there, done that using the plastic melt/ dent puller method above when replacing my Camaro and Traverse hubs. This does take only 3 minutes once the glue gun is heated. Difference is between 5 minutes pulling all three against raising the vehicle and hours using a floor jack method and still jockeying around 100 lb 22"s to align the hubs..not to mention a dirty job and a real pain in the a$$ even with multiple hydraulics resting the tire on the ground and raising or lowering to align the hub.