In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I had a fumoto drain valve on my previous truck and I loved it. Now that my free oil changes are done, I need to do the next one myself. I went on the fumoto site but they are saying some 5.3's have a recessed drain plug in the oil pan and may need an extender. Does anyone have experience with a fumoto valve on a 2018 5.3 GMC?

Don't know about your 5.3, but have you considered just going underneath your truck and looking at the drain to see if it's recessed or not?

• Haha 3

I have the F107SX on my 16 5.3 and also ordered the plastic nipple off ebay.  Didn't need any adapters other than the valve.  One of my favorite mods

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chevyguy85 said:

$10 is about the going rate for it. Bought my kit for around that price earlier in the year as well.

Ahhh, didn't see the shipping cost.  

• Like 1

I got a 17 5.3 and didn’t need the adapter. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, davester said:

Don't know about your 5.3, but have you considered just going underneath your truck and looking at the drain to see if it's recessed or not?

Um....good idea, thanks.

21 hours ago, bndawgs said:

I have the F107SX on my 16 5.3 and also ordered the plastic nipple off ebay.  Didn't need any adapters other than the valve.  One of my favorite mods

Great, thanks. I'll get under it tonight to make sure its the same on my 18. Glad to hear someone else has at good experience with it on the 5.3. I had a dodge ecodiesel that held 10 liters and the oil came out like a fire hose. The fumoto helped control and slow it down to a more manageable rate for the driveway. 

I am using the F-107N on my 2018 5.3 with no adapters.

• Like 1

No issues with clearance or angle.

20190520_164800.jpg

• Like 2

Just got my adapter and will be doing an oil change this weekend. Going to install this!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Just installed, kinda excited for next oil change.. haha!

b65fae49971c262447cffaad4204d4e2.jpg

I have one on my 14. I can drive the truck home from work. Park it in the garage and slide under with an oil pan and a piece of tygon tubing. Open the valve slide out from under the truck and go inside. Walk out in the morning, close the valve and change the filter. Fill it back up and ready to go again. No ramps needed.

• Like 1

How am I just now discovering this drain valve?!? I've been doing my own oil changes for years and this makes it so much quicker and cleaner. Ordering one today. This forum rocks.

2 hours ago, midwestdenaliguy said:

How am I just now discovering this drain valve?!? I've been doing my own oil changes for years and this makes it so much quicker and cleaner. Ordering one today. This forum rocks.

I wouldn't say quicker.  These values drain slowly.