Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

tmar480

So I did something yesterday...

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, tmar480 said:

It's just my whole GM experience was absolute garbage from the get go and I'm done dealing with it myself. We will see where this goes once my lawyer gets involved.

Any settlement GM gives is not related to how much is owed on the vehicle.  For example, you paid 10% down on the truck when you purchased it and have made 7 months payments.  You are still "upside down".  You owe more than GM is willing to give.  Your financial place actually owns the truck, be prepared to settle with them the same day GM settles with you.

You are going to have watch what you are posting in regards to this issue as well.  GM is very good at finding threads on sites like this one.  Its not hard to figure out which customer had repairs that you have described in the states you posted.  Just saying, watch what you post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, rah7777777 said:

Have you taken a test drive with a dealer tech in the car? Back when I was a tech for a different brand, I had to do that a few times. Techs HATE noise complaints! pay sucks and its a pain to chase, especially since they are going off of a written description and not truly knowing what they are listening for. So in general, noise complaints don't get real in depth review until its been back a couple times already. Just the nature of the "flag hour" world techs deal with. And the main reason I jumped ship!!

 

My dash "pops" a bunch, but luckily I can just ignore it. 

Yeah I can see that's the case here.. I mean its a pretty obvious sound and hear it every time  I drive my truck so its kind of hard to believe that they don't hear it. I have gone through the hoops with GM and not doing that ever again cause it was basically 4 months of pointless work. But mine isn't a "truck rattle" I get that trucks have rattles and stuff but this isn't the case whatsoever. Hopefully it gets resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tmar480 said:

Yeah I can see that's the case here.. I mean its a pretty obvious sound and hear it every time  I drive my truck so its kind of hard to believe that they don't hear it. I have gone through the hoops with GM and not doing that ever again cause it was basically 4 months of pointless work. But mine isn't a "truck rattle" I get that trucks have rattles and stuff but this isn't the case whatsoever. Hopefully it gets resolved.

Tell the service writer, to go get the tech and and take them both around the block and point it out. 

You notice it everyday because you are in it everyday. They are not, so they are deciphering what they think you are talking about. 

 

This might not be the case here, but i've had some come in with rattles and noises. I test drive it and I DO hear the crap in their cup holder or console making noise, but certainly that can't be their complaint, that is way too obvious that all those quarters in that open top cup holder are making noises over bumps. Past that I can't hear any issues. They bring it back with the same complaint. Finally go on a test drive with them and they point out the noise, which you immediately know is the $20 in quarters, dig the the change out and it is gone.... 1 guy wanted to know how I was going to fix it. uh... i'm not! Don't fill your F'n cup holder with loose change and complain about noises you rich entitled idiot! 🙂

 

Again, probably not your issue. But regardless, a ride with the tech in the passenger seat is your best bet for any noise issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 1:56 PM, Doug_Scott said:

Any settlement GM gives is not related to how much is owed on the vehicle.  For example, you paid 10% down on the truck when you purchased it and have made 7 months payments.  You are still "upside down".  You owe more than GM is willing to give.  Your financial place actually owns the truck, be prepared to settle with them the same day GM settles with you.

 

Don't forget the lawyer getting a third...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 10:23 AM, rah7777777 said:

Tell the service writer, to go get the tech and and take them both around the block and point it out. 

You notice it everyday because you are in it everyday. They are not, so they are deciphering what they think you are talking about. 

 

This might not be the case here, but i've had some come in with rattles and noises. I test drive it and I DO hear the crap in their cup holder or console making noise, but certainly that can't be their complaint, that is way too obvious that all those quarters in that open top cup holder are making noises over bumps. Past that I can't hear any issues. They bring it back with the same complaint. Finally go on a test drive with them and they point out the noise, which you immediately know is the $20 in quarters, dig the the change out and it is gone.... 1 guy wanted to know how I was going to fix it. uh... i'm not! Don't fill your F'n cup holder with loose change and complain about noises you rich entitled idiot! 🙂

 

Again, probably not your issue. But regardless, a ride with the tech in the passenger seat is your best bet for any noise issues. 

I have always felt that the best tool for finding a squeak, rattle or even a hard start issue is the customer.  Having the customer take me for a drive to show me this noise that happens all the time actually only happened on one road on his way to work.  

On my truck I began noticing a thump in what I thought was either the upper strut mount or even the strut itself.  It only happened as I would cross Bayly Avenue heading north on Salem(not that means anything to anyone), in the cold winter days.  It wasn't until one day I had a friend with me and I had the stereo on a low volume.  He heard that thump sound, actually he said he felt the noise in the floor board and he thought it was in the HVAC.  About a week later I had another appointment to go to that I was going to need someone to drive me home.  My friend came to pick me up, and he suggested we take my truck so I could feel what he felt.  Our driving habits are quite different as my warming up procedure is to start driving as soon as my seat belt is fastened, and his is to wait until there is heat to keep the ice from forming on the inside of the windows.  We had only sat about 5 minutes when that thump happened while we were still parked.  Turned out to be the blend air door that was sticking while it was cold, and as soon as the least amount of warm air would unstick it, making it thump.  It should have been fixed while under warranty but I never got around to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a little update.. Got the lemon lawyer involved and right now GM is trying to pay me a settlement check just to drop the case apparently, they have offered me 8k and 9k to not file the actual law suit against them. I am waiting to hear back the final number from GM to make my decision whether or not to file the case or not. If they offer me the right number, I will most likely take it and just sell the truck and get something else.. which I have no idea what I would get. But I do want another truck, just don't know the brand yet.. I am afraid to get a Chevy because basically they are the same truck. Or get another GM and run into the same problem which I am having now.

 

Will keep you guys posted as this ages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"dealer tech unable to reproduce the sound" and unwilling to acknowledge a PI or TSB is exactly my experience. 

 

I am unable to find a decent tech either man. Sorry for your luck.  I'm very surprised they are willing to pay you 8k for a clicking noise.  Though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2019 at 10:21 AM, tmar480 said:

So a little update.. Got the lemon lawyer involved and right now GM is trying to pay me a settlement check just to drop the case apparently, they have offered me 8k and 9k to not file the actual law suit against them. I am waiting to hear back the final number from GM to make my decision whether or not to file the case or not. If they offer me the right number, I will most likely take it and just sell the truck and get something else.. which I have no idea what I would get. But I do want another truck, just don't know the brand yet.. I am afraid to get a Chevy because basically they are the same truck. Or get another GM and run into the same problem which I am having now.

 

Will keep you guys posted as this ages.

If GM is actually going to pay you, you can be sure you won't be able to tell anyone.  What are they actually offering this money for?  Trust me, they are not afraid of your threats.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be interesting in the end to see how many things that occur that people said wouldn't happen. Good luck and please keep us posted on the outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: So I have decided to take the settlement check that GM has offered me and let me tell you I am surprised with how much money they are giving me. I could have actually gone to court and that would have deemed my truck as a lemon if I went that route but I decided just to take the offer so I dont't prolong the process any more that its already taken to figure this out. They are letting me keep the truck and going to honor the warranty on it which is good for me until I sell it. I can't wait to get the check so I can trade it in and get something else. To everyone that said "GM won't give you a dime for a rattle", Ill take this as a win in my book.

 

I have been looking at the Ram 1500 Eco-Diesel but still not too sure what I want. Cheers y'all!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Their giving you money, you can keep the truck. Then trade it in. Never heard of that. Wonder if that will be on car fax.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right 🤔 so basically everyone should take their truck in for a rattle only they can hear. Threaten legal action when they can’t find it and GM will just fork over loads of cash AND let you keep the truck to sell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Their giving you money, you can keep the truck. Then trade it in. Never heard of that. Wonder if that will be on car fax.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how re-selling that truck would go. Does the OP tell them that it was in a Lemon situation, or do they screw over whoever buys the truck by not being able to say anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, anbrumm said:

I wonder how re-selling that truck would go. Does the OP tell them that it was in a Lemon situation, or do they screw over whoever buys the truck by not being able to say anything?

To be honest, I'm not sure but its not considered a lemon at this point cause it never actually went to court.. So I would think that it won't show anything on a car fax? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tmar480 said:

To be honest, I'm not sure but its not considered a lemon at this point cause it never actually went to court.. So I would think that it won't show anything on a car fax? 

I get that, still don't think I could knowingly feel good about selling it to someone else since I know that it is an issue without telling them that upfront. Maybe the amount GM gave you would make up for the amount you'd have to mark down the truck to get someone to buy a lemon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.