Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
tmar480

So I did something yesterday...

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, anbrumm said:

I get that, still don't think I could knowingly feel good about selling it to someone else since I know that it is an issue without telling them that upfront. Maybe the amount GM gave you would make up for the amount you'd have to mark down the truck to get someone to buy a lemon.

To be honest, I'm going to sell it to a dealership so its on them at that point. I wouldn't sell it to anyone via a private party cause I wouldn't feel good giving that truck to anyone else cause they will have the same exact problem I am having now with no ways to resolve it. Whatever dealership gets it at that point, is their issue not mine anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder how re-selling that truck would go. Does the OP tell them that it was in a Lemon situation, or do they screw over whoever buys the truck by not being able to say anything?

I had a 04 Z71 that I loved. So far the only vehicle I kept over 150K miles. I had two problems with it. One that happen pretty quick. A rattle in the steering column. They put grease in it. Came back pretty quick. It wasn’t constant. The second the speedo quit showing speed. I used garman gps, it shows mph. I never dreamed of complaining. Guess I missed out on some money.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tmar480 said:

I have been looking at the Ram 1500 Eco-Diesel but still not too sure what I want.

That truck looks good on paper but I hope you have done or will do your research on it...

 

If you end up with one I wish you best of luck with it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

That truck looks good on paper but I hope you have done or will do your research on it...

 

If you end up with one I wish you best of luck with it!

I've just started to look into it, but I will do plenty of research on it that's a given. Who knows what Ill end up with.. I'm all over the place atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Post a pic of the cheque you get.  Until then it is just internet white noise.  GM is not in the business of paying in cash for anything.  By in cash I mean they just hand you something with no back-end pay out for them.  I would be very surprised if they don't report the issue on CarFax and brand the truck as salvage. I think they are required to do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doug_Scott said:

Post a pic of the cheque you get.  Until then it is just internet white noise.  GM is not in the business of paying in cash for anything.  By in cash I mean they just hand you something with no back-end pay out for them.  I would be very surprised if they don't report the issue on CarFax and brand the truck as salvage. I think they are required to do that

Lmao I will not be posted a picture of my check. Whether you believe me or not that on you, just wanted to inform people that I did get the issue resolved. I already asked my lawyer and nothing happens to my current status of my truck. Idk why that would even label it as salvage? Doesn't even make sense.. I'm good that's what I do know, I am just waiting on the document from GM to sign and you best believe that I am going to look heavily into that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tmar480 said:

Lmao I will not be posted a picture of my check. Whether you believe me or not that on you, just wanted to inform people that I did get the issue resolved. I already asked my lawyer and nothing happens to my current status of my truck. Idk why that would even label it as salvage? Doesn't even make sense.. I'm good that's what I do know, I am just waiting on the document from GM to sign and you best believe that I am going to look heavily into that.  

Aww common. While your at it, lets see your tax returns too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tmar480 said:

Lmao I will not be posted a picture of my check. Whether you believe me or not that on you, just wanted to inform people that I did get the issue resolved. I already asked my lawyer and nothing happens to my current status of my truck. Idk why that would even label it as salvage? Doesn't even make sense.. I'm good that's what I do know, I am just waiting on the document from GM to sign and you best believe that I am going to look heavily into that.  

And how much of this check does the lawyer get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dukedkt442 said:

And how much of this check does the lawyer get?

20% which ain't bad. At the end it was worth it to get this whole thing resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it resolved? Doesn’t the truck still have the same issue you complained about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dukedkt442 said:

Is it resolved? Doesn’t the truck still have the same issue you complained about?

It may be resolved, but there is no way in hell that GM will pay out a minimum of $8k as claimed by OP.  This sounds more like the dreams of an under 25 year old pre-adult male.  There is a line drawn in the mental maturity  that occurs around the 25th year in males.  Ever wonder why insurance companies have this under 25 clause in policies, or why car rentals have an under 25 clause?  Anyone who is at least 30 years old can see a point where the way they responded to events, or reacted to confrontations changed.  For some it is more like they can't believe they reacted like they did.  For others they will never admit it has happened to them, they think they are the same person mentally now as they were pre-25.  

 

I don't get why the OP is thinking that posting a copy of the cheque is such a big deal.  Never asked for his name, or any banking information, or anything personal at all.  If the cheque is too much a private thing, post a copy of the letter from GM.  The reason I am asking is quite simple, I am not believing the tall-tale, and do not really care either way, it won't impact my sleep.  The problem with leaving this unchallenged is there will be some people that will believe this, and will pass on what they think they read online, and those people will pass on their version of this tale, and before you know it, the OP will now be the president of GM, but  has to keep driving his truck with the squeaking dash.

 

As for why would GM want to brand the truck, That truck today is very likely still under full warranty.  If you sell the truck to a friend, and they simply duplicate your attempts at getting that squeak fixed, what is to stop him from finding a copy of the letter from GM that you forgot was in the owners manual as a page marker and him simply presenting the letter as a reason for a cheque.  A company the size of GM, did not get that big by giving away money without protecting their ass first.  You simply forgot at least one point in your tale.  GM will never leave something like this out roaming around.  It can't be so serious to demand a cheque, and at the same time so simple/minor to not require some ass protecting.  

 

I don't care either way in this.  I am simply telling the OP he is not convincing everyone, and here is why he is not convincing me.  Perhaps he will alter his tall tale next time he casts it out on another forum/site.  Perhaps this is simply part of some education requirement, like that big essay thing you need to do in order to graduate.  I cannot think of what it is called, I was recently diagnosed with "CRAFT" disease and it is getting worse every day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, tmar480 said:

I have been looking at the Ram 1500 Eco-Diesel but still not too sure what I want. Cheers y'all!

And you thought the Chevy was driving you crazy, just wait!  LOL

 

I've never been held hostage by a warranty or dealership.  If something needs fixing it gets done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doug_Scott said:

It may be resolved, but there is no way in hell that GM will pay out a minimum of $8k as claimed by OP.  This sounds more like the dreams of an under 25 year old pre-adult male.  There is a line drawn in the mental maturity  that occurs around the 25th year in males.  Ever wonder why insurance companies have this under 25 clause in policies, or why car rentals have an under 25 clause?  Anyone who is at least 30 years old can see a point where the way they responded to events, or reacted to confrontations changed.  For some it is more like they can't believe they reacted like they did.  For others they will never admit it has happened to them, they think they are the same person mentally now as they were pre-25.  

 

I don't get why the OP is thinking that posting a copy of the cheque is such a big deal.  Never asked for his name, or any banking information, or anything personal at all.  If the cheque is too much a private thing, post a copy of the letter from GM.  The reason I am asking is quite simple, I am not believing the tall-tale, and do not really care either way, it won't impact my sleep.  The problem with leaving this unchallenged is there will be some people that will believe this, and will pass on what they think they read online, and those people will pass on their version of this tale, and before you know it, the OP will now be the president of GM, but  has to keep driving his truck with the squeaking dash.

 

As for why would GM want to brand the truck, That truck today is very likely still under full warranty.  If you sell the truck to a friend, and they simply duplicate your attempts at getting that squeak fixed, what is to stop him from finding a copy of the letter from GM that you forgot was in the owners manual as a page marker and him simply presenting the letter as a reason for a cheque.  A company the size of GM, did not get that big by giving away money without protecting their ass first.  You simply forgot at least one point in your tale.  GM will never leave something like this out roaming around.  It can't be so serious to demand a cheque, and at the same time so simple/minor to not require some ass protecting.  

 

I don't care either way in this.  I am simply telling the OP he is not convincing everyone, and here is why he is not convincing me.  Perhaps he will alter his tall tale next time he casts it out on another forum/site.  Perhaps this is simply part of some education requirement, like that big essay thing you need to do in order to graduate.  I cannot think of what it is called, I was recently diagnosed with "CRAFT" disease and it is getting worse every day.

I think he's full of shit too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doug_Scott said:

It may be resolved, but there is no way in hell that GM will pay out a minimum of $8k as claimed by OP.  This sounds more like the dreams of an under 25 year old pre-adult male.  There is a line drawn in the mental maturity  that occurs around the 25th year in males.  Ever wonder why insurance companies have this under 25 clause in policies, or why car rentals have an under 25 clause?  Anyone who is at least 30 years old can see a point where the way they responded to events, or reacted to confrontations changed.  For some it is more like they can't believe they reacted like they did.  For others they will never admit it has happened to them, they think they are the same person mentally now as they were pre-25.  

 

I don't get why the OP is thinking that posting a copy of the cheque is such a big deal.  Never asked for his name, or any banking information, or anything personal at all.  If the cheque is too much a private thing, post a copy of the letter from GM.  The reason I am asking is quite simple, I am not believing the tall-tale, and do not really care either way, it won't impact my sleep.  The problem with leaving this unchallenged is there will be some people that will believe this, and will pass on what they think they read online, and those people will pass on their version of this tale, and before you know it, the OP will now be the president of GM, but  has to keep driving his truck with the squeaking dash.

 

As for why would GM want to brand the truck, That truck today is very likely still under full warranty.  If you sell the truck to a friend, and they simply duplicate your attempts at getting that squeak fixed, what is to stop him from finding a copy of the letter from GM that you forgot was in the owners manual as a page marker and him simply presenting the letter as a reason for a cheque.  A company the size of GM, did not get that big by giving away money without protecting their ass first.  You simply forgot at least one point in your tale.  GM will never leave something like this out roaming around.  It can't be so serious to demand a cheque, and at the same time so simple/minor to not require some ass protecting.  

 

I don't care either way in this.  I am simply telling the OP he is not convincing everyone, and here is why he is not convincing me.  Perhaps he will alter his tall tale next time he casts it out on another forum/site.  Perhaps this is simply part of some education requirement, like that big essay thing you need to do in order to graduate.  I cannot think of what it is called, I was recently diagnosed with "CRAFT" disease and it is getting worse every day.

Hahaha damn you really feel pretty strong about this topic? Must have spent your entire friday night thinking about what to say to me lmao. I have no reason to lie or misinform people on this thread. Once I get the letter I will happily post it just so you can "sleep better" since you probably didn't sleep a full 8 hours since you were trying to type this whole paragraph out late at night 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dukedkt442 said:

Is it resolved? Doesn’t the truck still have the same issue you complained about?

It's resolved by a settlement check. Still has the same issue, but once I obtain the check I will be getting rid of the truck and getting something else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.