Ladder rack? Preferably with tonneau?

• 6 months later...

Bumping this as I'm looking to do something similar.  I I'd like to run a tonneau cover that sits inside the rails and a half stake pocket ladder rack.  You would think a stake pocket rack would be an easy find but my search has come up with nothing.  Has anyone come across something like this that would fit in the stake pockets?  Even if there is a mod to make this work, I'm open to trying that.

Would anyone care what they’ve found for ladder racks? Want to get one for kayak hauling. Preferably a stake pocket rack. Something that will work with a tonneau.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retrax XR and Yakima rack. Works well, only caveat is the canister that the cover retracts I to take up a little space in the bed near the cab. However I like it

3791e3f8795b33a36eff2c454f59b16d.jpg
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  While these are solid options, I'm looking for something a bit more minimal/easy to remove.  I occasionally need to transport ladders and longer pieces of lumber.  That said, I'd like a half rack  that I can potentially put right into the stake pockets when needed and store either in the bed under the tonneau cover or in the garage when not in use.   All of the half racks I've seen mount inside the bed (not the stake pockets) which would prevent me from running a cover.  I'm open to suggestions on anything that might solve for my situation!

On 2/9/2020 at 3:10 PM, jflan23 said:

Retrax XR and Yakima rack. Works well, only caveat is the canister that the cover retracts I to take up a little space in the bed near the cab. However I like it

3791e3f8795b33a36eff2c454f59b16d.jpg

Which XR?

Pro, One, or Powertrax?

I have the Bakflip MX4 but need a way to load the kayaks and like your setup. 

Which XR?

Pro, One, or Powertrax?

I have the Bakflip MX4 but need a way to load the kayaks and like your setup. 

It’s the proXR. I do like the set up, I pushed the racks forward to get my sled in the back this time of year. Only things that are semi annoying is the drain holes that “snap” in the bottom of the canister(where the tonneau retracts into) pop out all the time. And the tail gate to cover seal isn’t the best, water does get in, not a ton but some.

However being able to lock my tools inside and to still have my kayaks or whatever is awesome.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jflan23 said:

It’s the proXR. I do like the set up, I pushed the racks forward to get my sled in the back this time of year. Only things that are semi annoying is the drain holes that “snap” in the bottom of the canister(where the tonneau retracts into) pop out all the time. And the tail gate to cover seal isn’t the best, water does get in, not a ton but some.

However being able to lock my tools inside and to still have my kayaks or whatever is awesome.

Do you have power up tailgate and does it work with it well? Any closing issues?