Estimate my truck value

I’m gearing up to sell my truck in a few months. It will be 4 years old on November 2, 2019. I purchased it December 2017 with 30,300 miles. Only 6,000 miles since October 2018. Nothing wrong with it I just want to get out from the payment to save for a new vehicle. I’ve got a rough idea of price from Autotrader listings and KBB. I’d like to know what a potential serious truck buyer would value it at. So here’s the nitty gritty.

2016 Silverado Double Cab LT Z71

53,200 miles (now drive roughly 500 per month)

L83 Flex

6spd

Factory stuff:

20 inch 5 spokes

Rear sliding glass

Trailer hitch

8inch radio screen

Adjustable pedals

Chevy floor liners

LineX Spray in bed liner

Maintenace:

275/55/20 Hankook Ventus ST RH06 tires about 9,000 miles.

Front, rear diff, transfer case changed with Amsoil July 2018, maybe 11,000 miles on it.

Amsoil Transmission fluid (12quarts) changed July 2019.

AEM dry flow panel air filter (cleanable)

KN cabin filter (cleanable)

Will be installing new brake pads and Koni shocks next month, nothing wrong with the current ones just want to get ahead for the next person to have peace of mind.

I also always run E85 but will be pulling the intake manifold to check intake valves. Will have them professionally cleaned if needed.

Replaced PCV hosed in March, Blackbear said their was a possible leak when they looked at my tune logs. 

Also have PCV valve to install.

Aftermarket stuff:

Corsa Sport Exhaust

Blackbear performance tune (AFM is off)

Truck runs really smooth. The transmission tune from Blackbear has greatly improved driveability. I still have my stock files if the next owner wants to go back to stock. Radio touch screen was replaced with new unit when I purchased it due to a dead zone. Haven’t had any recalls on mine and no vacuum pump or A/C issues.

Paint is in good condition. Front bumper has very few rock chips. One dime sized dent on the bed rail on the passenger side and on the driver side on the side of the hood. They are very minor dents. Might get estimates repair them.

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head. I am going to list it at $28,000. Just wanted an idea of what others would list it at. Thanks in advance.

Edited by CombsL83
Added more info.

I think $28K is a good starting point. Honestly though if there is nothing wrong with the shocks that are on it I would save your money. Most buyers don't care about shock brands and it would just be throwing money in the wind. If you have stock exhaust it might be worth considering selling the Corsa separate. Exhaust mods limit the pool of perspective buyers. 

Sounds about right to me.  One word of advice though: don’t waste your time/money on brakes valve cleaning and body work.You will not recuperate that money in the sale.

I personally sell at the upper end of the price range when I’m ready for a new vehicle.  Lots of buyers hate negotiating and will just give asking price in my experience.

3 hours ago, damnthetorpedoes said:

I think $28K is a good starting point. Honestly though if there is nothing wrong with the shocks that are on it I would save your money. Most buyers don't care about shock brands and it would just be throwing money in the wind. If you have stock exhaust it might be worth considering selling the Corsa separate. Exhaust mods limit the pool of perspective buyers. 

Don’t have the stock exhaust or else I’d go that route. Might try to find one cheap.

3 hours ago, NomadicCPO said:

Sounds about right to me.  One word of advice though: don’t waste your time/money on brakes valve cleaning and body work.You will not recuperate that money in the sale.

I personally sell at the upper end of the price range when I’m ready for a new vehicle.  Lots of buyers hate negotiating and will just give asking price in my experience.

Would just be doing pads. Can do the work myself. The intake valves I’d only do if they were seriously built up. The dents are so minor I had trouble finding the one on the front today. 

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

In my area (Minneapolis) that's a $24,000 truck. Dime a dozen.

Not as popular in my area. Range in my area from 26-32 depending on trim/options. 

Thanks all for the input so far.

24k if you’re lucky

old body style. 20k ish annual mileage. Lower trim. Not a crew cab. Not a sought after engine trans combo.  

none of the stuff you mentioned matters except decent tires. 

Not perfect condition

They don’t hold value 

dont spend a dime on it. Clean and polish it the best you can. 

Don't put anymore money in it.

Start with a price you like and see what happens.

14 minutes ago, DeePa said:

Agree with this.

Few people will know Amsoil, K&N etc.

:)

37 minutes ago, DeePa said:

24k if you’re lucky

old body style. 20k ish annual mileage. Lower trim. Not a crew cab. Not a sought after engine trans combo.  

Not perfect condition

They don’t hold value 

dont spend a dime on it. Clean and polish it the best you can. 

It’s 3 months short of 4 years old with 53,000 miles so that’s roughly 13,000 miles annually.

But an honest thank you for the advice. I may hold off on any extra expenses on it. May go ahead and list it sooner rather than later and see if anybody jumps on it before winter time. 

When I had my exhaust done I took the stock stuff home with me. Muffler guy told me he has tons of it lying around so if i didn’t want to store it he would always have some. (I took it home anyway). U may want to check at a good muffler shop for stock stuff and sell your corsa separate like mentioned before. 

22 minutes ago, SirenRed16 said:

Where are you located? There is a local guy selling his stock exhaust for $120 all in one piece.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m in Ohio an hour north of Cincinnati.

22 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

Please estimate mine no idea of value

2014 double cab slt all-terrain 6.2 black

53k miles

Very minor mods that dont increase value (hid, bilsteins, black bear)

I’d guess 27-28. Close to mine but it’s twp years older. Is the SLT like the LTZ of GMC? If so then maybe 30.

37 minutes ago, truckguy82 said:

Please estimate mine no idea of value

2014 double cab slt all-terrain 6.2 black

53k miles

Very minor mods that dont increase value (hid, bilsteins, black bear)

14 minutes ago, CombsL83 said:

I’d guess 27-28. Close to mine but it’s twp years older. Is the SLT like the LTZ of GMC? If so then maybe 30.

Stop guessing

Look for yourself..... 

www.kellybluebook.com

www.autotrader.com

www.nada.com

www.cars.com

To name a few.

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1