FYI Beware of GM customer service *updated*

19 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

I never said to stalk the owner? What the hell are you talking about. 

Read all of the replies, the ONE directly below your original post.

Then it will make sense.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

When I said advisors and manager I was talking about gm corperate not the dealer. When you call into gm customer service you get assigned an advisor. 

I understand the process, if you read my post, I am trying to say that the DEALER can be your biggest ally in all of this.

They have a lot of power when it comes time to speed this up, if they vouch for you and your problems GM will listen, otherwise GM would be giving new vehicles for every customer complaint, hope this make sense.

11 minutes ago, dtnel78 said:

The dealer should be able to do more than you think. As they say "sh** rolls downhill", well GM.

If there's a known documented issue they should be aware of it as it's customer service.

Here's the thing, if you bash GM then essentially you're bashing the local dealer and with that being the case they should be overly concerned as you can affect their sales by making posts online, posting flyers, etc so the dealership should be really concerned as he represents the brand and they have to meet goals.

Remember back when they closed all those underperforming dealerships after the U.S. taxpayers bailed GM out and now there's alot less dealerships and alot of livelihoods were affected over that from the top to the bottom in a dealership.

I think you should keep rattling the dealership in person and make it where they get in touch with the right people to make it go away.

You could always go to your state agency that enforces the lemon law with any and ALL DOCUMENTATION, proof of phone calls, dates, times, etc. I'd imagine it would be the attorney generals office of the state.

Maybe a call to a lawyer that specializes in consumer financial protection may bring some help. You can call the state bar association and they could probably point you in the proper direction in regards to where you need to start. You may have many others out there with the same problem and the can of worms hasn't been opened.

IF you private message me just your license plate number I have a way to lookup if there's service bulletins that apply to that vehicle from the manufacturer. A tsb is a known issue but not a recall yet. It's one of those things that if a customer comes in complaining do this step this step and this step and if they qualify then we may do this amount of work or this......

Let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. I just need the state in the license plate number and that enables me to pull the VIN number up and see what technical service bulletins are related from the manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am bashing gm but not the dealer. The only people aware of this are people on here. No one except me knows what dealer is involved. They claim this. The dealer told me they can not go any further work wise until gm approves. They aren't going to just work on my truck for free. 

20190620_180131.jpg

GM had a good amount of time to learn how to lie to the customer thanks to the 14 - 18 models....and from reading some of the forums about the 19's it looks like it will continue

Just now, yojo said:

GM had a good amount of time to learn how to lie to the customer thanks to the 14 - 18 models....and from reading some of the forums about the 19's it looks like it will continue

Yup. I had a 16 before my 19 and it had the Chevy shake 

I wish you the best.

You are not alone.

Quite a few people with vehicles from all the manufacturers having issues also. 

Many products with problems that are still under warranty can be a PITA to get resolved.

:)

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I wish you the best.

You are not alone.

Many products with problems that are still under warranty can be a PITA to get resolved.

Why is that??

3 hours ago, diyer2 said:

I wish you the best.

You are not alone.

Yep. Lots new 2018-19 F-150's with similar horror stories with knocking engines just like this. Tacomas with howling rear differentials that Toyota claims is due to wind noise, even when the howling noise is replicated with the truck running stationary on a lift. Ram 5.7 Hemi's have had cold start piston slap with cold start piston slap/knock that FCA claims is normal or the dealer claims they can't hear it.

It does say on the paperwork that GM acknowledges that there is an issue and that they're supposedly working an a fix. I guess we'll see if anything comes of it. I would hope it results in oil consumption high enough to get a repair under their 1 at per 2,000 mile TSB coverage if nothing else. You could try another dealership and see if they can make something happen but its doubtful. Maybe a letter from your lawyer to GM to let them know you aren't playing around?

Highly recommend contacting your local News Channel and discuss it with their investigative department, guaranteeing you a successful turnout!
A couple months ago my wife mentioned about transmission slip, I would always say you’re over reacting with just 40k miles on it, then I noticed transmission slip with it too and rather than deal with the GM BS, pulled into local BMW dealer, looked at my wife and asked her to pick out anything she wants, no more Yukon XL, hello new 2019 X5! Now, I’ve got my 18 GMC 1500 Z71 6.2 with 20k miles on it and with over $10k into it, so far so good. I think it’s true, some good and some bad, only time will tell and with my OCD using Amsoil on everything making sure it lasts I’m hoping to never have an issue cause if I do, it’s trade in time and no more GM products for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Yep. Lots new 2018-19 F-150's with similar horror stories with knocking engines just like this. Tacomas with howling rear differentials that Toyota claims is due to wind noise, even when the howling noise is replicated with the truck running stationary on a lift. Ram 5.7 Hemi's have had cold start piston slap with cold start piston slap/knock that FCA claims is normal or the dealer claims they can't hear it.

It does say on the paperwork that GM acknowledges that there is an issue and that they're supposedly working an a fix. I guess we'll see if anything comes of it. I would hope it results in oil consumption high enough to get a repair under their 1 at per 2,000 mile TSB coverage if nothing else. You could try another dealership and see if they can make something happen but its doubtful. Maybe a letter from your lawyer to GM to let them know you aren't playing around?

I have a lemon law attorney handling it now. I started the process yesterday. There are law offices around the country that do the lemon law and only that. They specialize in it. You tell the the state and what's happened so far and then they ask you some checklist questions. If they think you have a strong case per your state rules they take it on. Only thing is you must follow through. If you just change your mind halfway through the process they will bill you for all there time. 

How many times have you taken it in to the dealer to have it looked at?  Lemon law has a min number of repair attempts.  What year truck?  How many miles?  Maybe I missed this in the original post but just calling GM will not do anything you need to start at the dealership then go from their.  Also ask for a regional rep to look at the truck (worth a shot)

Just seen page 2 (to early).  Maybe try another dealer?  Does the noise go away?  The ticket said cold start knock after driving does it quiet down.  

When are you do another oil change?  I would send a sample off for analysis and see what it says could be some good ammo (document your oil change so they dont claim any BS there)

Edited by RyanbabZ71

I had a slight "tick" in my 2000, had the same thing happen at the dealer.  I contacted GM and they extended my warranty to 100K.  Never had an issue, sold the truck at 89K miles and its still out there being driven.  

Not sure why another dealer wouldnt take your truck on trade , did you tell them about it?

4 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Highly recommend contacting your local News Channel and discuss it with their investigative department, guaranteeing you a successful turnout!
A couple months ago my wife mentioned about transmission slip, I would always say you’re over reacting with just 40k miles on it, then I noticed transmission slip with it too and rather than deal with the GM BS, pulled into local BMW dealer, looked at my wife and asked her to pick out anything she wants, no more Yukon XL, hello new 2019 X5! Now, I’ve got my 18 GMC 1500 Z71 6.2 with 20k miles on it and with over $10k into it, so far so good. I think it’s true, some good and some bad, only time will tell and with my OCD using Amsoil on everything making sure it lasts I’m hoping to never have an issue cause if I do, it’s trade in time and no more GM products for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going that far. I don't want the dealer to have issues cause GM sucks 

• Like 1