FYI Beware of GM customer service *updated*

I went into the dealer today to get my service records(I was missing the first one). I spoke with the service manager and he  told me the best way to not be out any money is to go  through the lemon law process.  I guess I could try and speak to the General manager but he assured me they would not do a swap.  From what he told me since I asked for a buyback and or truck swap( GM customer service told me I would be a good candidate), that they had the dealer send them my deal on my truck plus everything else. Meaning that after reviewing what I had paid/leased the truck for that it most likely wasn't worth it to GM to swap the truck out or give me my money back. How shitty is that. Basically since they didn't make enough profit on my deal, they are making go through all this bullshit. 

I feel your pain with GM.  I had a 19 RAM Limited 68 grand.  Bought it when there were no incentives as I planned to keep it like I kept my 13.  SO MANY problems. No one cares.  Once they have you on it they dont care.  Financed they dont care because you aren't gonigto ruin your credit to drop it off on them. Paid car well you aren't going to take a loss and drop it off.  My truck was in the shop over a month. Had to take it right back after that to get the original problem fixed plus some now they caused trying to fix the issue.

We have no rights anymore.  Trying to lemon law in Texas is tough. The dealers and manufacturers are so powerful.  I had to jump into an LT Chevy just to get out without being in a crazy bad situation. Im not happy because the truckI have now is no where near the level the trucks I had before in terms of features BUT I haven't had any issues whatsoever.  Im sure the next moment will be I Leon lawed my truck and no problem.  For every one there are HUNDREDS that are given the middle finger.  

Its not just GM its all of them.  The dealers are all in charge they have very little in terms of fear hanging over them from corporate.  The only possible power you have as a consumer are the survey but those are starting to lose their power also.  

RAM just screwed every previous gen eco diesel owner.  with an update that makes the truck a joke to drive.  I really just am to the point that Im actually better off with a lower end truck seems I have less issues. I still have some things that most all of us have in the truck. Sometimes weird A8 issues, climate shows off on screen but still works.  radio blanks out. They just dont really test these trucks anymore. They cant because if they did even a little bit in the real world these problems would be obvious immediately. They just choose to ignore them.  I hate to pick on RAM again but there are guys over there that got an update forced over the air and it made the sound quality terrible and the promised fix has yet to show its head.  

I think of the people that buy a new truck even like us the 19 1500 High country has no adaptive cruise but the 2020 will.  How messed up is that?  Same with people that had the GT350.  They didn't put coolers on the Tech pack and base GT350 so if they tracked those they overheated.  The 15- current Corvette z06 over heats on the track after 20 mins of pushing it.  Yet its a track focused car.  The 2011 Ford Fiesta and Focus had transmission issues that were and epidemic. I mean BAD!  Ford knew it.  It was all over the place about how terrible they were.  Not one recall or real fix there are people still fighting that fight. I could go on forever.  We have little power because so many people just defend the brand and say well mine has been perfect so you must have done something wrong.  They refuse to admit there could be issues. Nothing will change until we force it to.  Only way that happens is to refuse to buy another truck until they fix the issues we know should be fixed. We will never be that together though. So the wheel goes round and round. 

• Like 3

I had a wiring harness that rubbed through on my engine, covered under TSB. GM's solution is to re-splice the harness, wrap it in a ton of cloth tape, shove it inside a corrugated conduit and shove it under the engine cover. It gets soaked any time it rains, and is a garbage repair. They made the early 2.7 harnesses too short, which caused the issue. They have a revised part number, but GM won't pay to put it on my truck regardless of the fact that the dealer advocated for it.

4 warranty visits (it didn't make it off of the lot after the first one before it blew up on me), 2 tows (1 by me, 1 because it left the dealer stranded), 2 blown 400A fuses, a blown ECM, TCM, BCM, blown starter harness and replacement starter. 5 loaners for 29 days in the shop in total.

GM refused to replace the harness that caused all of this so I filed for a lemon law buyback. They denied it, so I hired an attorney.

In MD, the manufacturer can keep up to 15% of the MSRP of the vehicle for wear and tear/mileage, etc. My attorney said that GM always asks for the 15%. They initially offered me a cash settlement for which I countered for enough to cover my losses for trading the vehicle for something else and settled out of court.

The truck is running fine for now. I have not decided what I am doing - sitting on the settlement for now as I have a wedding/honeymoon to pay for and am trying to be a responsible adult (plus I am waiting for the 2020 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesels).

GM lost a lifelong customer from a generations old GM employed and owning family over this.

1 hour ago, MDSilveradoGuy said:

I had a wiring harness that rubbed through on my engine, covered under TSB. GM's solution is to re-splice the harness, wrap it in a ton of cloth tape, shove it inside a corrugated conduit and shove it under the engine cover. It gets soaked any time it rains, and is a garbage repair. They made the early 2.7 harnesses too short, which caused the issue. They have a revised part number, but GM won't pay to put it on my truck regardless of the fact that the dealer advocated for it.

4 warranty visits (it didn't make it off of the lot after the first one before it blew up on me), 2 tows (1 by me, 1 because it left the dealer stranded), 2 blown 400A fuses, a blown ECM, TCM, BCM, blown starter harness and replacement starter. 5 loaners for 29 days in the shop in total.

GM refused to replace the harness that caused all of this so I filed for a lemon law buyback. They denied it, so I hired an attorney.

In MD, the manufacturer can keep up to 15% of the MSRP of the vehicle for wear and tear/mileage, etc. My attorney said that GM always asks for the 15%. They initially offered me a cash settlement for which I countered for enough to cover my losses for trading the vehicle for something else and settled out of court.

The truck is running fine for now. I have not decided what I am doing - sitting on the settlement for now as I have a wedding/honeymoon to pay for and am trying to be a responsible adult (plus I am waiting for the 2020 Grand Cherokee EcoDiesels).

GM lost a lifelong customer from a generations old GM employed and owning family over this.

I was disgusted when if found out a replacement was denied due to the deal I had on the truck. That's such a slap in the face. This is my 3rd GM vehicle.  At this point I would not even want a truck swap. I want nothing to do with the brand. 

When they offered a cash settlement was that based on you keeping the truck? 

I'm ****ed because no dealer will take it on trade due to the engine noise. I could be dishonest and have them appraise the truck right away when its warm or after I do an oil change but I don't like to be dishonest like that. 

On 8/8/2019 at 10:10 AM, ct_corey said:

I was disgusted when if found out a replacement was denied due to the deal I had on the truck. That's such a slap in the face. This is my 3rd GM vehicle.  At this point I would not even want a truck swap. I want nothing to do with the brand. 

When they offered a cash settlement was that based on you keeping the truck? 

I'm ****ed because no dealer will take it on trade due to the engine noise. I could be dishonest and have them appraise the truck right away when its warm or after I do an oil change but I don't like to be dishonest like that. 

The settlement was based on me keeping the truck, with an unbranded title.

I was playing their games until the engineer they flew in to look at my truck called their repair "professionally completed, and probably better than the stock harness" and then denied my claim. 200 miles later I was sitting in the 7th of 8 lanes of I-270 just outside of DC with my flashers on, boat behind me, and a truck that would go approximately 8MPH when floored. Professional, my ass. I was done, and I will be done with GM. I gave them their opportunity to make it right, they gave me the finger so I sued.

Edited by MDSilveradoGuy

On 8/7/2019 at 9:20 PM, JD214 said:

I feel your pain with GM.  I had a 19 RAM Limited 68 grand.  Bought it when there were no incentives as I planned to keep it like I kept my 13.  SO MANY problems. No one cares.  Once they have you on it they dont care.  Financed they dont care because you aren't gonigto ruin your credit to drop it off on them. Paid car well you aren't going to take a loss and drop it off.  My truck was in the shop over a month. Had to take it right back after that to get the original problem fixed plus some now they caused trying to fix the issue.

We have no rights anymore.  Trying to lemon law in Texas is tough. The dealers and manufacturers are so powerful.  I had to jump into an LT Chevy just to get out without being in a crazy bad situation. Im not happy because the truckI have now is no where near the level the trucks I had before in terms of features BUT I haven't had any issues whatsoever.  Im sure the next moment will be I Leon lawed my truck and no problem.  For every one there are HUNDREDS that are given the middle finger.  

Its not just GM its all of them.  The dealers are all in charge they have very little in terms of fear hanging over them from corporate.  The only possible power you have as a consumer are the survey but those are starting to lose their power also.  

RAM just screwed every previous gen eco diesel owner.  with an update that makes the truck a joke to drive.  I really just am to the point that Im actually better off with a lower end truck seems I have less issues. I still have some things that most all of us have in the truck. Sometimes weird A8 issues, climate shows off on screen but still works.  radio blanks out. They just dont really test these trucks anymore. They cant because if they did even a little bit in the real world these problems would be obvious immediately. They just choose to ignore them.  I hate to pick on RAM again but there are guys over there that got an update forced over the air and it made the sound quality terrible and the promised fix has yet to show its head.  

I think of the people that buy a new truck even like us the 19 1500 High country has no adaptive cruise but the 2020 will.  How messed up is that?  Same with people that had the GT350.  They didn't put coolers on the Tech pack and base GT350 so if they tracked those they overheated.  The 15- current Corvette z06 over heats on the track after 20 mins of pushing it.  Yet its a track focused car.  The 2011 Ford Fiesta and Focus had transmission issues that were and epidemic. I mean BAD!  Ford knew it.  It was all over the place about how terrible they were.  Not one recall or real fix there are people still fighting that fight. I could go on forever.  We have little power because so many people just defend the brand and say well mine has been perfect so you must have done something wrong.  They refuse to admit there could be issues. Nothing will change until we force it to.  Only way that happens is to refuse to buy another truck until they fix the issues we know should be fixed. We will never be that together though. So the wheel goes round and round. 

Amen brother...

I know all carmakers have problems, But I wonder how many of the ford and dodge forums defend GM like we defend ford and dodge here. United we stand divided we get screwed

51 minutes ago, yojo said:

I know all carmakers have problems, But I wonder how many of the ford and dodge forums defend GM like we defend ford and dodge here. United we stand divided we get screwed

Every truck forum has a similar environment. Ford-trucks is definitely worse. 

The TacomaWorld forums ban people that say bad things about Tacomas or Toyota's quality problems these days. 

Every forum has those that defend their truck.  SO many defend blatant issues.  Its really disgusting. E everything today is like a team spot.  WE pick our team and we defend everything they do.  Politics, companies, people around us, family.  Despite what they do we take up for them and make excuses and deflect.. I throw up going to the RAM forum being people defend those trucks. I have to be so careful not to start a war.  They attack anyone that comes on there to speak their displeasure.  

We are not buying 7-10 thousand $ vehicles anymore.  My first car I bought was a 1996 ranger.  BRAND NEW $9500.  Ranger today 30-50 k  We should not be required tp absurd growing pains from new models at the prices vehicles are today. We all need to start demanding more from these companies. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JD214 said:

Every forum has those that defend their truck.  SO many defend blatant issues.  Its really disgusting. E everything today is like a team spot.  WE pick our team and we defend everything they do.  Politics, companies, people around us, family.  Despite what they do we take up for them and make excuses and deflect.. I throw up going to the RAM forum being people defend those trucks. I have to be so careful not to start a war.  They attack anyone that comes on there to speak their displeasure.  

We are not buying 7-10 thousand $ vehicles anymore.  My first car I bought was a 1996 ranger.  BRAND NEW $9500.  Ranger today 30-50 k  We should not be required tp absurd growing pains from new models at the prices vehicles are today. We all need to start demanding more from these companies. 

Thank You !!!

Really find brand loyal folks funny. These are billion dollar Corps they could give 2 shits about anyone. 

Reminds me of grown ass men fighting in football stands. Like who you fighting for ? A bunch of millionaires who could give a rats ass about you? Comical. But yeah every board has brand loyal folks and that’s ok.  

• Like 2

Update. 

Went to run out to the grocery store last night. started the truck(engine still warm from my commute home) and I could tell right away it was misfiring.  Then the CEL started blinking and all these error lights came on. Started the truck again and same thing. I let it sit for 20 mins and cam back out and it seemed to clear up but the CEL is still on. Brought it in this morning and the service manager had to make a call to GM to make sure it was okay to work on the truck. GM must read the forums because apparently they know I am considering my options to get rid of the truck. Gm for the 2nd time as of yesterday asked the dealer to pull all my paper work. 

20190812_200850.thumb.jpg.a39b37541f7c8dd81b95fd996e2904b0.jpg1.thumb.jpg.54888436165f1bdabb500b46ad45d9c2.jpg

Edited by ct_corey
spelling

When all this first started the dealer always had a loaner for me. Not sure if its coincidence, but now they seem to not know if they will have any available. I tried to get the truck is a month and a half ago because the ticking has gotten worse and their seems to be an exhaust leak(I can hear a hissing noise while accelerating). For 3 weeks I would call and they had no loaner. Its like GM is having the dealer just push me off and try their hardest to not let me have the truck looked it. Its like GM is playing childish games.