FYI Beware of GM customer service *updated*

On 1/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, SquireSCA said:

I hear a similar sound, a ticking sound, and my truck only has like 1,700 miles on it...  I figure it is metal heating and expanding... No codes, no issues, seems to run just fine.

I have had the truck only a few weeks and paid for an extended "Platinum" warranty through the dealer that is supposed to cover all sorts of stuff that the GM warranty might not, or might try to avoid.

If it becomes a problem, I feel like they will take care of me.  If they think it is "normal", that's ok... if the motor falls apart because they didn't take it seriously, its gonna be on them.

is your dealer just a schmuck?  I feel like the right dealer makes all the difference..

Its not an expansion problem as the noise almost goes away after an oil change. Comes back with in a few hundred miles.  It has been diagnosed as a lifter issue and GM has no fix for it as of right now. 

The platinum warranty you have wont correct a lazy lifter if GM themselves don't have a proper fix yet.  I can see this issue causing issues down the road like after the 60k powertrain warranty is up. 

If you truck is making the same noise as mine, get it looked at.