1993 Chevy K1500 Tranny issues

My truck took a crap tonight.  I will say I have had an issue with it shifting hard from 1st to 2nd but if I take it easy it hasn't been bad but the other gears no issue. Tonight after work I drove to Walmart. Acting normal the whole way. Go inside grab a few things and when I leave, I noticed it kind of slams into drive with the brake applied. Then it would not shift into 2nd unless I get on it mess with the throttle, on and off and it finally shifts hard into 2nd. Same thing going to 3rd. Stop and go traffic and it downshifts fine but everytime I have to upshift I have to rev it and mess with the throttle before it finally shifts again. I never could get it in 4th. If I manually shift it from 1st to 2nd it goes smooth but it won't go into 3rd or OD manually. Fluid is good. Nice and red and at the correct level. Would a bad TPS do this? Truck seems to run fine. No lights on the dash either. Not sure if it's toast or electrical.

Maybe TPS or connector. I’m working my way through high idle and hard shift issues. Shifts
fine most of the time, but occasionally it’s like it’s not reading the TPS, and waits too long before shifting (and shifts hard). Hope its not the computer. I’m about to get an ALDL cable and hook up a computer.

I was thinking Tps too but don't think that's it  Will sit and idle just fine. It doesn't have erratic shifts, it just doesn't want to. Manually shift from 1 to 2 it does fine but rough. Shift to D or overdrive it won't go to third unless I hamner it off and on.  Sometimes if I shift it to D manually it kicks back down to 1st. Not all the time. When I move it from park to D or R it lunges at a standstill.