Air Horn or Loud Electric.

Anyone upgrade their horn to something that will wake up the zombies that seem to be driving around these days? My 2016 LTS horn just doesn't cut it and I would like something louder when the phone reader starts to drift into my front end.

• Like 1

If often wanted to upgrade, but I think there’s a legal limit or something around here. I remember YouTube vids of a dude with a Mack truck air horn in his car going around scaring the shizzola out of unsuspecting pedestronians and he got busted as I recall. Haha probly just the behavior and not the horn. But I’ve definitely seen threads on past forums of people doing it. Dodgetalk I remember had a big thread on it.

I remember they’re not cheap and the ones with a tank, it’s about the size of the spare battery location so pretty big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt a louder horn will improve the situations you are experiencing.  If you are simply out to punish someone by startling him or her this method may not achieve a desirable result,   Loud horns have application on remote logging roads to warn other drivers you are in the vicinity but stock issued horns are ample for all other situations.  There are many better choices to spend your modification budget.

I avoid honking/waving arms at other drivers.   A while back i really wanted an air horn but then as i hit my mid 20s Im like "I am not gonna leave this earth because a road rage incident where someone shoots me"

Lol but electric seems easier than air horn.   I have zero experience in this tho !

Save your money for the anger management counselor and the horn.  Come on the forum and vent. We understand.

Unfortunately there are more of "them" out there than us who think the the world will end if their ever important text is not sent. Of course the rest of the world is supposed to patiently wait while they compose the perfect text and read the response, then post the "like" on Facebook.

I went through all that, I don't want to get too loud a horn, I might scare people thinking when I put new horns on my motorcycle. I won't make that mistake again, I'll take my chances with a too loud a horn ticket. Cops are pretty busy with speeders and probably make more money off them than ticketing horns. They put air horns on semis that share the same road. I have never heard of a law that says your horn has to be proportional to your vehicle, but with the libturds making laws I couldn't rule it out either.

You need something loud to get peoples attention that are driving down the road in their own little world with their windows up with their head in their cell phones, or playing with their infotainment center. Not that they do that now do they? Or making what I refer to as a GPS turn. They are just about to go through the intersection and they realize from looking at their GPS (and not paying attention to what's around them) they are about to miss their turn, so they cut off two lanes of traffic to make THEIR turn (screw everyone else). That's just one instance where a very loud horn is welcome.

Look into something like this, maybe they have a cager equivalent but seems like these just need a place to be mounted:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/denali-soundbomb-compact-air-horn

Or just go all out, they claim to have been in business since 2003:

https://hornblasters.com/

• Like 2

My travel car has a camera. I’m a type a personality. I’ve driven enough that I have a just let it go attitude. I usually drive with share the road attitude and mental prepare myself for most anything. I’ve seen everything. If someone behind me hits a loud horn- train horn. I hope they have good brakes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2019 at 7:12 AM, doropallo said:

Anyone upgrade their horn to something that will wake up the zombies that seem to be driving around these days? My 2016 LTS horn just doesn't cut it and I would like something louder when the phone reader starts to drift into my front end.

Several years ago, I took a motorcycle safe driving course.  If you're feeling frustrated by other drivers this would be a great option.  You are not going to correct others' driving behavior but you can learn strategies to minimize  negative encounters. 

2 hours ago, KARNUT said:

My travel car has a camera. I’m a type a personality. I’ve driven enough that I have a just let it go attitude. I usually drive with share the road attitude and mental prepare myself for most anything. I’ve seen everything. If someone behind me hits a loud horn- train horn. I hope they have good brakes.

They give tickets for people "brake checking" around here. "Yes officer, I slammed on my brakes and caused a pile up because the guy BEHIND me honked his horn. But it was really loud." Good luck with that.

But I've never heard of anybody getting a ticket for a loud horn though.

Edited by typ0
  • Like 3

They give tickets for people "brake checking" around here. "Yes officer, I slammed on my brakes and caused a pile up because the guy BEHIND me honked his horn. But it was really loud." Good luck with that.

I have.

2 hours ago, typ0 said:

It's kinda funny that you'd rather risk to cause a road rage incident instead of acting as a mature driver.

so long

j-ten-ner

2 hours ago, j-ten-ner said:

It's kinda funny that you'd rather risk to cause a road rage incident instead of acting as a mature driver.

so long

j-ten-ner

If I'm on the horn there is a problem (more than likely caused by the person getting honked at) that needs resolution ASAP. I'm not going around trying to piss people off, but if I need to get your attention, so be it. If that makes me immature, I guess I'll have to live with it.

• Like 2