Air Horn or Loud Electric.

As someone who has air horns I can tell you people are useless and don't give 2 @#$@ about how loud or quiet your horn is.  They will do whatever they are/were going to do regardless if you have the stock horn or air horns.  As far as getting a ticket I'm still waiting.  Never got a ticket for my 3 previous pickups that had glass packs on them.  Easily heard them over a mile away at full throttle.  Same with my horns haven't had any trouble from them either.  Only thing I've been warned about is lighting.  However I do like having an air system if I want to be lazy and run air tools or for some reason want to add airbags to the butt of fatty.  If you're bored I've got videos.

af077adea5360b92dc7459f38734aa5c.jpg

• Like 4

Loud horns are reserved for trains and emergency vehicles for a reason. And are illegal in most areas. Most people’s reactions are to look for emergency vehicles and become unattended to their driving. Realizing some a-hole is playing games could result in rage. If getting noticed is the goal, the wrong kind could result. I’m hesitant these days to using my regular vehicle horn. Only do it if extremely unavoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy would disagree with you on people looking for emergency vehicles.  He tells me all the time people don't move out of the way or move into his way when he runs his lights and sirens.  So much so that he said sometimes it's faster to leave them off if it's not a high priority call.  I see examples of this in just normal driving.  Emergency vehicles waiting for intersections to clear lights and sirens going and still 5-20 cars go through the intersection.

• Like 2

My buddy would disagree with you on people looking for emergency vehicles.  He tells me all the time people don't move out of the way or move into his way when he runs his lights and sirens.  So much so that he said sometimes it's faster to leave them off if it's not a high priority call.  I see examples of this in just normal driving.  Emergency vehicles waiting for intersections to clear lights and sirens going and still 5-20 cars go through the intersection.

It is true now days people feel entitled behind the wheel. It can be a challenge taking trips. Even back in the day my father would threaten to mount push bars to the front of his truck. Some of our trips to job sites would be nerve wracking with him. He was a take no prisoners type of guy. It’s a wonder I’m normal. Well close anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, typ0 said:

If I'm on the horn there is a problem (more than likely caused by the person getting honked at) that needs resolution ASAP. I'm not going around trying to piss people off, but if I need to get your attention, so be it. If that makes me immature, I guess I'll have to live with it.

So far I've never had a problem getting someones attention when I used the factory horn.

Maybe you're doing it wrong?

so long

j-ten-ner

2 hours ago, j-ten-ner said:

So far I've never had a problem getting someones attention when I used the factory horn.

Maybe you're doing it wrong?

so long

j-ten-ner

Yeah, that must be it.

Now you can go cure cancer genius.

I want an air-horn that plays Ludacris - Move B!tch, get out the way!  ? There's different air-horns out there, not everyone of them sounds like a train. Hell, if I can grab a set of Equinox horns and replace mine, I would. My wife's Equinox horn makes my Silverado sound timid.. she has no problem reminding me either.. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem is that we drive a truck.  When I drove a car (most of my life), I did not notice all the people on their phones like I do now that I drive a truck.

I just really wish for one thing.  When you’re at a left turn and it has its own arrow, can you PLEASE be ready to go when it turns green?  Even better would be to be so awake that if there’s an opening in the cross traffic that you’re even awake enough to “go for it”.  But of course that’s a lot to ask.  

• Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 3:46 AM, jpinoy said:

I want an air-horn that plays Ludacris - Move B!tch, get out the way!  ? There's different air-horns out there, not everyone of them sounds like a train. Hell, if I can grab a set of Equinox horns and replace mine, I would. My wife's Equinox horn makes my Silverado sound timid.. she has no problem reminding me either.. ?

If it wasn't so much work I'd look into having my horns play a tune.  It would be off key since the 3 cones are the same size, but still.  Dixie would be fun!

• Haha 1

This post is asking for more information about horns.  I don't see where the OP asked for anyone's input on whether he should install a louder horn or not.  Maybe I missed it? Hopefully more people will chime in on what the OP is asking for, as I am interested in the original content.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, alderin1987 said:

This post is asking for more information about horns.  I don't see where the OP asked for anyone's input on whether he should install a louder horn or not.  Maybe I missed it? Hopefully more people will chime in on what the OP is asking for, as I am interested in the original content.

I think there was 1 post, but it started off accusing me of road rage, childlike behavior and other topics I'm not going to engage with. I just would like a louder horn to get the guy's attention as he's crossing 3 lanes and coming at me and the occasional numbnut that can't see the light's green because they can't take their eyes off the phone. The oem horn lacks the attention getting punch. I guess no one has changed theirs out yet.

• Like 1

Oh and here's the wiring diagram buddy drew up for future reference when we do something to my system.  I can also link most of the components if you want.20190721_215615.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Edited by Chevyguy85