Weird noise? Exhaust leak? Something else?

I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 4x4 V6 4.3L. Engine and exhaust wise everything is stock and has never been modified. 

I noticed a few weeks ago that I could hear my exhaust more than I used to be able to. Not necessarily louder or deeper just physically being able to hear it more. 

I'm on a long trip from Missouri to Michigan currently and noticed a new noise. I noticed it when I got on an on ramp and accelerated. The noise is hard to describe and is not constant. It sounds like a soft rattle/ squeak/ whirl? Definitely does NOT sound like metal rattling (like a heat shield or somethin). When I noticed the noise I accelerated harder and it got louder and when I let off gas it got quieter and then started again when I accelerated. 

It doesnt do it everytime. Maybe only a hand full of times. I dont smell anything. Truck is running fine. No change in mpg if anything its better than ever. No check engine lights or codes. 

Thoughts? I thought maybe catalytic converter but before when that happened on my explorer I just remembered the exhaust got super loud and deeper. 

1 hour ago, Dersch said:

As I am driving I can hear it more frequently. Just kind of sounds like a sputtering/ pit pattering of air out the drivers side. Kind of up near A pillar area maybe slightly near B pillar

There is a TSB for the steering boot that makes it sound like a exhaust manifold leak. The repair is to remove the boot and grease it before reinstalling. I have this issue intermittently, and might try this at some point. I will try to find the link to the discussion/tsb and post it here.