2019 Silverado LT is really bouncy

1 hour ago, MacLaren said:

Please excuse my ignorance, but when you went to 20's did anything else have to be done?

Or just put em on and go?

The jury is still out on that. They are good to go except for the tire diameter and how it affects speedometer going from a 31.5” tire to a 33”.

For example, when my speedo says 80 mph, I’m actually going about 83.5-84 mph. Not so much a difference at slower speeds; at 25 mph I’m actually going about 26.2 mph.

The bigger issue is the mileage. With about a 4.4% difference in reading, for example, when my odometer eventually turns to 100,000 miles, I will have actually traveled 104,400 miles. So basically will have cheated 4,400 miles at that point. For warranty reference example, at 36,000 miles I will have actually traveled 37,584 miles! 

My dealer told me when they installed the wheels that I would not need a speedometer reflash in the computer. Had my doubts but figured I’d do my own tests. Turns out he was wrong, or his tech was wrong. I’m going to the dealer Thursday to tell them the situation and see about getting it reflashed to the proper setting. I’m not even trying to mess with this myself or add in an inline tuner etc. I want it right as done by the factory.

4.4% is a little too high of a speedometer error for me. If it were 3% or less I could live with it as is. I’ll post what I find out from the dealer on Thursday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Z06JPB said:

My dealer told me when they installed the wheels that I would not need a speedometer reflash in the computer. Had my doubts but figured I’d do my own tests. Turns out he was wrong, or his tech was wrong. I’m going to the dealer Thursday to tell them the situation and see about getting it reflashed to the proper setting. I’m not even trying to mess with this myself or add in an inline tuner etc. I want it right as done by the factory.

4.4% is a little too high of a speedometer error for me. If it were 3% or less I could live with it as is. I’ll post what I find out from the dealer on Thursday.

My 22" were a dealer installed option and required a reflash of the ECU to maintain speedometer/odometer accuracy......now dead on using mile markers for a reference.

39 minutes ago, Z06JPB said:

See here for the answer:

I just got hosed for $99 to have absolutely nothing done. 

If they didnt do anything, or werent able to, then ask for your money back.

If they balk on ya, call your State Attorney General.

You shouldn't be charged for nothing....

I am driving a 2019 Silverado LT 4x4 crew cab with 3,200 miles and it bounces like crazy in the rear end. I have since put on BFG KO2's and its still the same. I have them inflated at 39 PSI (give or take) but after reading through all these posts, I think its the crappy factory shocks. I have an appt with the dealer next Friday, so lets see what they say. Probably will blow smoke, but you never know!

43 minutes ago, DMONIC said:

I am driving a 2019 Silverado LT 4x4 crew cab with 3,200 miles and it bounces like crazy in the rear end. I have since put on BFG KO2's and its still the same. I have them inflated at 39 PSI (give or take) but after reading through all these posts, I think its the crappy factory shocks. I have an appt with the dealer next Friday, so lets see what they say. Probably will blow smoke, but you never know!

I have an LT 4x4 as well, but its also a Z71

And, honest to goodness, shes as smooth as silk. I just cant understand why some of these Silevrados are so bouncy. 

3 hours ago, MacLaren said:

I have an LT 4x4 as well, but its also a Z71

And, honest to goodness, shes as smooth as silk. I just cant understand why some of these Silevrados are so bouncy. 

Tell you what, bring your truck up here and lets see. I am not driving on flat roads. SC? Its flat, like where I came from. Cmon up here to NW NM- mountain roads will scare the SHIT out of you, like they did me. Sheer drop offs at 10,000 feet plus? Not so much fun.

Edited by DMONIC

3 hours ago, DMONIC said:

Tell you what, bring your truck up here and lets see. I am not driving on flat roads. SC? Its flat, like where I came from. Cmon up here to NW NM- mountain roads will scare the SHIT out of you, like they did me. Sheer drop offs at 10,000 feet plus? Not so much fun.

Are you ok?

I'm not doubting your truck is bouncy lol

Just legitimately wandering why some are and some aren't. 

Spring rates, weight distribution, cab/bed configurations, wheel/tire combinations, etc can have a noticeable affect on ride quality. Even two otherwise identical trucks that differ only in cab/bed configuration can ride differently. But it is weird how two completely identical trucks can ride so differently. Just like old Super Duty trucks, some had incurable "death wobble" and some didn't. Luck of the draw. Slight differences in the adjustments of steering components from the factory? Specific tolerances out of spec enough to make a difference? For some reason this seems to affect trucks more than regular cars.

When I first picked up my truck I thought it was bouncy, but then I was used to cars for the past 4 years. My Volt was glass smooth. The Ram 1500 I had before that was a bouncy, floaty land yacht. I had forgotten how much fun it was to drive a truck!

• 4 weeks later...

My previous truck was a 2017 Sierra SLE and I find it ride better than my 2019 Silverado LT Z71.  I’m finding the rancho shocks make my truck ride like it’s a boat on waves.  I hit a dip in the road, not even a big dip, more lime a bump, and it’s almost like the shocks are almost finished.

Same roads I drove  everyday with my 2017 Sierra, 2014 Silverado Z71 and my 2012 Sierra.  This 2019 is the worst for soft, undampened, suspension.

My 2014 Silverado Z71 wasn’t as soft as this one.  

Im looking for options to replace the shock

On 8/16/2019 at 12:35 AM, MacLaren said:

Just legitimately wandering why some are and some aren't. 

Because it’s all subjective. What’s bouncy to some is not bouncy to others. 

I think my truck rides pretty good - my wife disagrees.