In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

7 hours ago, wcup102 said:

Congrats! Did you pay attention to the mileage when hooked up to your trailers. just curious? I had a 2011 6.0 2500 crew that got around 14 as a rule which I was OK with but tht also had the 3:73's......the only  thing that concerns me with the '19  or older is the gas mileage with the 4:10 gears. It's hard to find people that have an accurate accounting of their mileage with one of those LOL

i just traded a 18  2500HD with the 6.0 and 4:10's  in on a new 2020 gasser. towing a 10,000 pound enclosed car hauler the mileage was about 8 -9 depending on the terrain and average speed of 70 mph, without the trailer around town was 11.5-12 and on the highway was about 14-15,    i had a '15   2500 HD with the same power train also and it was about the same. 

16 hours ago, wcup102 said:

Congrats! Did you pay attention to the mileage when hooked up to your trailers. just curious? I had a 2011 6.0 2500 crew that got around 14 as a rule which I was OK with but tht also had the 3:73's......the only  thing that concerns me with the '19  or older is the gas mileage with the 4:10 gears. It's hard to find people that have an accurate accounting of their mileage with one of those LOL

Thanks!

I didn't drive around with the trailers for the test drive, mainly because I didn't have a low enough drop hitch! LOL I actually bought a used 8" drop hitch rated for 5000# just to test the height differences. I'll be able to use it for my bass boat and need to order a 10" drop hitch for my inline snowmobile trailer. The bass boat gets backed into my barn with a couple of curves so I wanted to make sure the big truck would do it haha and I measured the squat with the 29' snowmobile trailer. That was 1" at the rear fender and 2" under the hitch ball. I'm going to order a Weigh Safe 10" drop hitch with a scale to know my tongue weight as the snowmobile trailer gets loaded differently often. My 2013 Silverado 1500 CC receiver height is 16.75" and the 2020 2500HD CC receiver height is 23.75"!

I had a '05 1500HD for about 6 years and that had a 6.0 with 3.73 gears and the mileages posted match up to that truck too. I would have bought a '17-'19 2500HD 6.0 with 3.73 if I wasn't getting this 2020 as a lot of the ones I was looking at were rentals and the Fleet ordered trucks came with 3.73's. I too was worried about daily driving a 6.0 with 4.10's but would have done it. Oh well, someone has to be the 1st model year guinea pig! LOL I just downloaded the Acar app which is tied to the www.fuelly.com website that I used before to track my gas mileage with the new truck.