Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Thomcat

Adding Navigation to existing '19 hub?

Recommended Posts

Installed today and operational. Not the traditional OEM maps but Telenav same as used by Onstar......not as colorful as the HMI module driven OEMs but better than Google maps under Auto Android. Otherwise behaves exactly like the OEM Nav in my Traverse.......speed sign is active next to the vehicle speed, just contains the speed limit number in MPH and not the Speed Limit wording like the Traverse.

 

Had to re-register with OnStar and redo the Bluetooth for the cell phones. Started using the OnStar connection which I do not want to pay for after the free three month trial...so I shut off OnStar under apps and setup the Nav not to download traffic reports or accidents via OnStar, and Nav systems and speed limit figures still worked off the maps in the SD card.

 

Software rev info lists it as v.905 and lists Denali in the a referenced access number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this was about nav upgrade but does anyone know if the 2020 with Nav and rear camera; Can a front camera be installed. It and a bunch of other stuff comes with Denali and package so I have it in my mind there should be a plug and play camera and space in the DVD looking thing behind the monitor? Dealer shot me down on the camera both sales who wanted to sell the truck in inventory and then service who backed the sales up. Told me the don't make them. Traded a 40K Nissan Titan 3 yrs old for 55K GMC and Titan was loaded with all the safety equipment that this truck doesn't. I do just need the front camera i am distance challenged. No joking, Thanks in advance for any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a 2019 Trail Boss w/ the sd reader slot in the console.  I went ahead and purchased an Nav SD card from eBay, Genuine GM part number:  84528704.  Came in a sealed GM bag and everything.  Talked to my service manager at the dealer to schedule a time to flash the radio with the SD card installed, brought it in, and they are telling me they can't do it.  I've got the highest trim radio you could get on the 19 trail boss as I got the Cov II package when I ordered it.   Anyone know what gives here?  I watched a youtube video that even though you have the SD card reader, you need to swap out the main module located behind the glovebox to make this work.  I'm lost on this...thought this would be an easy upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've got a 2019 Trail Boss w/ the sd reader slot in the console.  I went ahead and purchased an Nav SD card from eBay, Genuine GM part number:  84528704.  Came in a sealed GM bag and everything.  Talked to my service manager at the dealer to schedule a time to flash the radio with the SD card installed, brought it in, and they are telling me they can't do it.  I've got the highest trim radio you could get on the 19 trail boss as I got the Cov II package when I ordered it.   Anyone know what gives here?  I watched a youtube video that even though you have the SD card reader, you need to swap out the main module located behind the glovebox to make this work.  I'm lost on this...thought this would be an easy upgrade.

Drop us a line will see if we can help you out www.whiteautoandmedia.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a slightly related note, does anyone know if its possible to delete factory navigation from a truck that is originally equipped?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean we can delete it... but why? LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

I mean we can delete it... but why? LOL 

Preference really. Actually all I'd really like is to remove the navigation DIC page. when you scroll left and right on the DIC the responsiveness is pretty fast...until it hangs on the navigation page. I think it actually requires you to dismiss a message saying something about activating the nav on the infotainment display or something. you can't just scroll past it.

thing is, I've never used the factory nav, and I never will. I've never agreed to its TOS or privacy policy. I have my onstar, mobile data, GPS etc physically disconnected so the factory nav can't work anyway. I won't use it for privacy reasons. I use an open source offline nav on my phone and I'm perfectly happy with it. works with no data connection, sells my whereabouts to no one.

I've had factory navigation in several previous vehicles and in every one of them we find we stop using it and just use phone based navigation within a year or so. the nav on my other two cars (one rather old, the other one not old at all) doesn't even recognize the road I live on exists...and they want like $200 for the map updates...just no. speed limit displays are nice, except if you know the limit and keep track of how often the nav based limit display is wrong you'd never trust it. I actually prefer that display turned off, bad information is worse than no information.

 

I like all the features of the high end infotainment display, I just have no use for factory nav. and it gets in my way on the DIC.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kodiakdenali said:

Preference really. Actually all I'd really like is to remove the navigation DIC page. when you scroll left and right on the DIC the responsiveness is pretty fast...until it hangs on the navigation page. I think it actually requires you to dismiss a message saying something about activating the nav on the infotainment display or something. you can't just scroll past it.

thing is, I've never used the factory nav, and I never will. I've never agreed to its TOS or privacy policy. I have my onstar, mobile data, GPS etc physically disconnected so the factory nav can't work anyway. I won't use it for privacy reasons. I use an open source offline nav on my phone and I'm perfectly happy with it. works with no data connection, sells my whereabouts to no one.

I've had factory navigation in several previous vehicles and in every one of them we find we stop using it and just use phone based navigation within a year or so. the nav on my other two cars (one rather old, the other one not old at all) doesn't even recognize the road I live on exists...and they want like $200 for the map updates...just no. speed limit displays are nice, except if you know the limit and keep track of how often the nav based limit display is wrong you'd never trust it. I actually prefer that display turned off, bad information is worse than no information.

 

I like all the features of the high end infotainment display, I just have no use for factory nav. and it gets in my way on the DIC.

 

You can turn off any/all dic pages and display only the ones you want.

 

At the top level, use arrows to move to the rh end and the 'options pages' 

Scroll down thru the list and turn on/off the ones you want. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redwngr said:

You can turn off any/all dic pages and display only the ones you want.

 

At the top level, use arrows to move to the rh end and the 'options pages' 

Scroll down thru the list and turn on/off the ones you want. 

 

 

 

thanks! I will look, I thought that was only to turn on/off pages in the...I don't know what its called, one page to the right of home, where you can scroll down and see all the various gauge displays, I thought that setting in options was only for that. if it does allow me to remove the nav (and phone) from the horizontal page list...problem solved! I will check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I'm missing something the only options I see there are to turn on and off various pages of the info display, second page from the left. I want to remove the nav page from the top level menu, and the phone page if that can be done. the phone page isn't a big deal though, its the nav page which "hangs" as you try to scroll left or right telling you to enable nav on the infotainment screen. its not a big deal, but life would be better without it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, kodiakdenali said:

Unless I'm missing something the only options I see there are to turn on and off various pages of the info display, second page from the left. I want to remove the nav page from the top level menu, and the phone page if that can be done. the phone page isn't a big deal though, its the nav page which "hangs" as you try to scroll left or right telling you to enable nav on the infotainment screen. its not a big deal, but life would be better without it.

Sorry I misled you. 

I thought you were describing a page on the dic info tab that you didn't want to have come up.

 

Curious. do you carry a turned on cell phone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.