In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
kslakelife

New shoes/Torsion bar 2018 Chev 1500

Looking at putting either the Nitto Ridge Grabber 35x12.5R/20 or the 295/65R/20 on my 2018 Chev Silverado. I currently have the BFG KO2 AT 275/65R/20 on there with a Rough Country Leveling kit 2.5 front/1 rear. 

I'm trying to keep from putting a differ kit/lift on the truck. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help and advice in advance!! 

Edited by kslakelife

Not possible because you don't have a torsion bar.

35"s on just a level?  I think you need an actual lift.  Like 4-6 inch lift.  I can see 33"s clearing with a level, 35"s sound like a rub fest on a level. 

1 hour ago, newdude said:

35"s on just a level?  I think you need an actual lift.  Like 4-6 inch lift.  I can see 33"s clearing with a level, 35"s sound like a rub fest on a level. 

Yep... 6 inch minimum to run 35's I'd say. Even with a 2.5 inch level, 33's might rub depending on width and wheel offset. I ran 295/70 r17's (33x11.5) with a 17x8 -0 and they rubbed pretty good at full lock. 

Ive got 33's (305/55/20) with a 3.5in lift and I had to make clearance. 35's might be and issue

2 hours ago, Jglew82 said:

Yep... 6 inch minimum to run 35's I'd say. Even with a 2.5 inch level, 33's might rub depending on width and wheel offset. I ran 295/70 r17's (33x11.5) with a 17x8 -0 and they rubbed pretty good at full lock. 

You can get away with a 4" and the right backspacing but you'll have a bad time haha.

Edited by m3n00b
  • Like 1

What about a 295/60/20 (34") in the Ridge Grapplers or the 285/65/20 (34.5") in the KO2. I would prefer not to lift it anymore. Thanks again for advice! 

Edited by kslakelife

I run 285/70/R17 which is 32.8" - 33" tire depending on who makes the tire, air pressure, etc.

These fit fine and didn't rub but were close stock. I added bilstien 5100 shocks to lift the front 1.85" and now have plenty of room.

Rim offset makes a big difference in rubbing. Keep offset close to stock to minimize rub.

35" definitely need 4" of lift or more.

Edited by 2018GMC