2021 Silverado/Sierra interior update coming

My 2019 LT Z71 W/ Heated Seats, Steering Wheel, Remote Start, as well as Android and Apple Auto, and much more was $38,750

I still thank my lucky stars I waited for the 2019 and did not go with the 2018

Plus, I'm getting a solid 22.5 mpg around town, or my county. ( no interstate )

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blckblt said:

That shifter should be a real pita to use with gloves or even large hands....  How do you even put it into park?

Push the big red “P” that clearly stands out? lol 

Why is it always assumed that truck owners are the only ones who wear gloves, or do not know how to remove them from their hands if they cannot manipulate the vehicle’s controls? ??

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, econometrics said:

Push the big red “P” that clearly stands out? lol 

Why is it always assumed that truck owners are the only ones who wear gloves, or do not know how to remove them from their hands if they cannot manipulate the vehicle’s controls? ??

The main reason I mentioned gloves as the it sort of looks like there is a slider for shifting (see red circle in picture).  If that piece doesn't slide then what is the point in having it?  While the Park might very well be push button is R, N and D if not I stand by my comment of not being very ergonomically friendly to gloves or larger hands/fingers...

Everyone has the preferences and after having a column, console and the dial shifters I definitely prefer a more traditional shifter.

tahoe.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, blckblt said:

The main reason I mentioned gloves as the it sort of looks like there is a slider for shifting (see red circle in picture).  If that piece doesn't slide then what is the point in having it?  While the Park might very well be push button is R, N and D if not I stand by my comment of not being very ergonomically friendly to gloves or larger hands/fingers...

Everyone has the preferences and after having a column, console and the dial shifters I definitely prefer a more traditional shifter.

tahoe.jpg

I think it's pretty safe to say that what we have seen in the newer full size suv line will be the newer style interior for the trucks maybe not exact but i could easily see them using most of that part content. I don't see them making it much different considering the exterior is essentially the front clip of a silverado attached to an suv body so why go different on the interior. It looks pretty decent from the pictures, certainly much more in line with today's trends with interior design then what the 19's and 20's have. This interior needs to be refreshed, it has a severely dated look and no i don't expect a person who just spent 40-50-60 grand to come on here and agree with me but those of us with no skin in the game realize the importance of keeping current in this industry.

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 9:19 AM, blckblt said:

tahoe.jpg

It really is hard to determine if those are just push buttons for drive select, or if that black piece slides into "R" or "D". I speculate they are push buttons, since the P is clearly a push button. I guess we'll find out soon. 

Nonetheless, I'm split on this. I do like the column shifter in my T1. I've found that with push button Park brake and ignition, sometimes I get them confused and turn off my truck when I mean to set the Park brake. Lol! 

One time in a drive-through lane, I even turned off the truck instead of pushing "END" on my Infotainment screen when I was done with a phone call. #brainfog

Definitely push button. You can see the “P” is red yet the “slider” is in neutral. GM does some stupid stuff but they wouldn’t do a slider for the gear shifter. Push button will be nice. Different but nice. I also have no issue with the column shifter either. 

Edited by spizike9

Perfectly functional interior does not translate to a manufacturer that's wants to lead the truck segment. The GM interiors have always lacked the nicer finishes. My 2012 dash has more damn cracks than the Grand Canyon. I apply 303 protection every couple of weeks, but has UV protection. Always use a sun shield in the windshield when parked outside. The newer interiors (2016 and up) look " better" but still a long way to go.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’ve been a huge critic of GM and their Interiors. But they really nailed the new SUVs. Not only that but to make them bigger and longer to beat the expedition in room/cargo is a nice way of saying no ford , not taking this big SUV crown from us. Kiddos to GM. Now here is to hoping our truck interiors get redone. 

Follow up: after looking at the pics here, I do think they are just buttons that can be depressed. I don't think the middle black piece slides. 

https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/chevrolet-looked-at-rotary-dials-other-shifter-options-for-2021-tahoe-suburban/

I think you are right, looks like drive and reverse you have to pull on them not push. My wife’s RDX is like that for reverse.

I understand wanting to stay current with the times etc but they also have to consider a lot of truck buyers want a damn truck not a tahoe. Useful and functional before style.  I’m not completely in that group. I have both a suburban and a new 19 sierra. The interiors in each both fit the vehicle they are in. I would not want the sweeping dash and console in my truck at all but its beautiful in my suburban. If they do put that interior in the truck i will be so happy I got a 19.

I may be in the minority but i do not like the wonderful fantastic class leading ram interior. It looks neat in pictures but in person i did not care for it all. Much prefer the less loud interior in my truck. 

Sometimes too much is just too much. Less is more. 

• Like 3

? This. 

Also, the 2021 SUV interiors are not that much different from the T1 trucks. At all. The touch screen is slightly bigger, yes. But the only other difference is the contours of the dash... with the SUV looking very car-like. 

For the bloggers who think the 2021 SUV interiors would somehow make GM competitive with Ram’s overdone interior, I think they’re missing it. 

• Like 1

And on the inverse side a lot of truck buyers want upscale interiors. To compete today you need to build both a basic workman’s truck and an upscale truck for those that want it. There is room and a market for both.

If Chevy had that Tahoe interior in the Silverado when I bought in March I may well have bought one provided the seats were not the flat, hard unsupportive ones they have today. Until this truck I have been brand loyal to gm, I like their trucks and am comfortable with the power trains and overall build but was so disappointed in the new one. There was no way in hell I was going to drop close to 70g on a Chevy the way they are today. I personally did not see the value vs what others are offering. That’s what led me to the Ram limited I own now, it was the interior that sold that truck. I drove a lot and I want to be comfortable when I’m doing it which is why I’m buying a luxury truck. If I had a different use case like a carpenter buddy of mine who uses his truck like a tool a more basic interior would be in order. For me that is not the use case, my truck is a long distance tow mule, daily driver, family vehicle which is why I bought comfort and luxury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 11:10 PM, OnTheReel said:

Right, so because you saw a couple at the gas station and nobody was around them, that means everyone thinks they are ugly, and my real life experiences owning one means nothing. Check over my posts, I don’t come on here to BS and tell fairy tales like cjc.

Last week, outside of the post office a lady was parked behind me on the street and hollered out her car window “excuse me!”...I sort of rolled my eyes because I thought she would either be asking for directions or money, but she asked if the truck was a 19. I said yes, and she said “thought so! that’s nice!”. I thanked her and went on my way. A couple days later I was walking out of A&W toward my truck, and a guy with a silver 2016-2018 Silverado Custom and a big ass dent in the side of the bed was getting out of his truck. He walked over to mine and said he liked how they do they exhaust now, said it was a nice looking truck, and that he was trying to talk his wife into one because his double cab was a tight squeeze. I can go on and on and on.

I am sorry your (2) 2018 LTs don’t garner any attention, and I don’t expect you to understand...just don’t call me a liar. 

I get stopped a lot with my 19 sierra slt also,  about half want to know about the multi pro tail gate, but all love the way the truck looks...