Onyx Black or Red Quartz AT4

7 minutes ago, Chris Ocean said:

I am honestly looking forward to the red, but i love the Carbon Black Metallic, as my 2014 Chevy Cruze was that color, and i LOVED it. It wasn't Jet black like the Onyx, but was much easier to keep clean while still being black, so i put in to change my order to that, but if i get RQT i'll be fine with it as well.  I like both colors equally and it was hard deciding i know that, but seeing more of you post your red trucks makes it grow on me that much more i will say that.

The red looks amazing in polarized light. Most of the production shots you see on the internet were most likely taken with a polarized lens. The other day, i had my polarized sunglasses on and while walking towards the truck, it looked glorious. The color was so rich and deep. I could've stared at it all day. You can obtain the same effect by parking it in an area that minimized reflections.

I am however noticing that it shows dirt real easily. Much more easily than my previous vehicle which was white. 

1 hour ago, truck_newbie said:

The red looks amazing in polarized light. Most of the production shots you see on the internet were most likely taken with a polarized lens. The other day, i had my polarized sunglasses on and while walking towards the truck, it looked glorious. The color was so rich and deep. I could've stared at it all day. You can obtain the same effect by parking it in an area that minimized reflections.

I am however noticing that it shows dirt real easily. Much more easily than my previous vehicle which was white. 

It can't nearly show as much dirt as my 2016 Onyx Black, trust me when i say i cleaned that thing everyday and it defeated my OCD, which i probably have PTSD over now lol

3 hours ago, Chris Ocean said:

It can't nearly show as much dirt as my 2016 Onyx Black, trust me when i say i cleaned that thing everyday and it defeated my OCD, which i probably have PTSD over now lol

I bet. You know, there is something to be said about white. It almost seems counter-intuitive but white is one of those few colors that is very resistant to dirt. If you see a dirty white vehicle, it means it's really dirty. 

1 hour ago, truck_newbie said:

I bet. You know, there is something to be said about white. It almost seems counter-intuitive but white is one of those few colors that is very resistant to dirt. If you see a dirty white vehicle, it means it's really dirty. 

And white is just plain old boring white. No "pizazz" or shimmering metallic, no glow, doesn't pop in the sun, doesn't turn heads and no wow factor. It's just too WT commercial, utility dept., plumber, cable tv, construction looking. You'll always hear someone say about Red Quartz, Northsky Blue, Satin Steel/Shadow Grey etc. damn! that color is beautiful!  White?.... well what company you work for?  I'll definitely pass on white and rather take my chances on keeping my high metallic paint clean and continue getting compliments.

Image result for construction pickup truck silverado

On 8/29/2019 at 8:09 PM, Chris Ocean said:

I could never consciously buy a WHITE truck, I have no idea why, but they look great sitting there, but no... i couldn't, same with Yellow.

2020 AT4 only seems to be showing 4 colors so Red Quartz might not even be an option if you wait for 2020. Maybe they will be added later?

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra/1500/at4

On 8/31/2019 at 8:54 AM, truck_newbie said:

2020 AT4 only seems to be showing 4 colors so Red Quartz might not even be an option if you wait for 2020. Maybe they will be added later?

https://www.gmc.com/trucks/sierra/1500/at4

Looks like it's showing the new AT4 CarbonPro Edtion which is limited to those colors. The normal AT4 should still have Red Quartz as an option.

"The Sierra AT4 CarbonPro Edition receives an updated appearance for 2020. Upgraded features include a new Black Chrome grille surround, new black exhaust tips and modified hard badges. The AT4 CarbonPro package will be available in Onyx Black, Summit White, Satin Steel Metallic and Carbon Black Metallic, each one complementing the styling updates brilliantly."

7 hours ago, claw2791 said:

Looks like it's showing the new AT4 CarbonPro Edtion which is limited to those colors. The normal AT4 should still have Red Quartz as an option.

"The Sierra AT4 CarbonPro Edition receives an updated appearance for 2020. Upgraded features include a new Black Chrome grille surround, new black exhaust tips and modified hard badges. The AT4 CarbonPro package will be available in Onyx Black, Summit White, Satin Steel Metallic and Carbon Black Metallic, each one complementing the styling updates brilliantly."

Oh ok, makes sense. That would have sucked for 2020 AT4 buyers. Still probably sucks for 2020 AT4 CarbonPro buyers.