How to keep radio on when truck is off

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the radio/infotainment system.  Is there a setting or a way to stop the radio from turning off after 15 mins when the truck is off?  I have a new 2019 Sierra AT4 push start.  I know you can put the car in ACC mode, but it turns off after 5 mins then the radio shuts off about 15 mins after that.  If you just turn the radio on it turns off after about 15 mins.  Is there a way to stop it from doing that, it is super annoying if you are working outside close to the truck and want to listen to music and have to walk over every 15 mins to turn the system back on.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, GOOSE997 said:

Push start button without depressing brake pedal

That’s acc mode and he said radio still goes off after 15 min, OP, I don’t believe there is a way, it’s the battery saving mode telling the truck that’s there’s a drain on the battery and shuts off the system.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JimTX said:

Hold down the start button for several seconds without pressing the brake. All your accessories will come on also.

Yes - but as mentioned twice in this thread already - that doesn't *keep* them on....   you get like 10 or 15 minutes, then they all turn off again.

57 minutes ago, Chris Callanan said:

Yes - but as mentioned twice in this thread already - that doesn't *keep* them on....   you get like 10 or 15 minutes, then they all turn off again.

Will it stay on if you hit the button again before they turn off (ie, so if you hit the button every 5 minutes, it stays on indefinitely)?

If so, you could make a small electronic timer hooked in parallel to that button, to simulate the button being pressed every few minutes, maybe with a switch to turn this functionality on/off.

I'm willing to bet that if you open and close the door once within the 15 minute period it will continue to work for another 10-15 minutes from that point, and if you continue to do that the radio will continue to stay on. Just a guess but I'd bet that would work. 

20 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I'm willing to bet that if you open and close the door once within the 15 minute period it will continue to work for another 10-15 minutes from that point, and if you continue to do that the radio will continue to stay on. Just a guess but I'd bet that would work. 

nope.  

On 10/29/2019 at 1:56 PM, Chris Callanan said:

No, if you hold down the start button for several seconds without depressing the brake it puts it into a mode that basically everything functions as though the truck is on and running, without starting the engine. This is different than the ACC mode where the radio dies every 5 minutes. I used this when the oil cooler line failed on my 6.2L Sierra and had to wait over an hour for the tow truck. It also allows you to shift the truck into neutral without starting it, FYI. 

Service Mode

This power mode is available for service and diagnostics, and to verify the proper operation of the malfunction indicator lamp as may be required for emission inspection purposes. With the vehicle off, and the brake pedal not applied, pressing and holding the button for more than five seconds will place the vehicle in Service Mode. The instruments and audio systems will operate as they do when the ignition is on, but the vehicle will not be able to be driven. The engine will not start in Service Mode. Press the button again to turn the ignition off.

• Like 1