New Android Auto is Available

You do, you just have to force the app.

Do what that article stats, plug and unplug the phone a few times to your truck. That's what I had to do.
Thanks for the tip. Got it working now. It's not earth shattering but it does look like a useful improvement to the old design

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I had the new Android Auto but it recently reverted back to the old. The option to switch to the new is gone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no luck. Not sure what happened...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, bowtie2007 said:

I had the new Android Auto but it recently reverted back to the old. The option to switch to the new is gone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app with no luck. Not sure what happened...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's really strange!

19 hours ago, MacLaren said:

I see that yours has a scroll bar for more icons

Mine does not. Can I add more icons??

Haven't messed much with but it appears to show all your music apps. Iheart, padora google play.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Wiggums said:

Great, now I feel a lot better. Thanks!

And since I use multiple calendars on my pixel, what it read out wasn't accurate. I'm only using Waze, podcast addict, and Pandora. Otherwise I use sxm via regular head unit. 

• 2 months later...

On 8/19/2019 at 5:40 PM, Wiggums said:

Mind telling me how you got the Calendar on the screen? I spent the past hour trying to get it to show. I have the others except Calendar and this is frustrating.

Probably make sure that you have google calendar installed.  Samsung comes with samsung calendar.  I have both on my phone and it shows on my truck.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I hate having to plug my phone in to use AA....cables are junk and don't last, and it loses connection to easily

Ya know, I've had really, really, good luck with mine. Just ever once and a while, when I have to take the phone out of the cradle ( and, only then)

will I loose connection, but just for a couple seconds or so. Other than that, it's been perfect. 

my phone is S7 and working construction it gets beat up, either port or cable ends stop working after awhile, its happened on every phone I have had....even charging them can be a b%^& sometimes....but don't want or need to get new phone every year so