Loaded question - should I tow this?

14 hours ago, Centex14 said:

I'm renting. This thing runs and drives just fine but a 3spd trans and mud tires on a 3hr drive would be brutal. 

She ain't pretty but it's a starting point for a father daughter project. She's so happy we own a monster truck now. 

sztqaUW.jpg

Hell yeah!  More pics!

5 hours ago, Centex14 said:

That's the problem I'm running into is finding a trailer it'll fit on. That's today's project. 

Do you know anyone that would have 4 stock wheels/tires you could throw on that to get it on the trailer and home?

10 hours ago, Darmichar said:

Do you know anyone that would have 4 stock wheels/tires you could throw on that to get it on the trailer and home?

This would make the job much easier.

OP... do you still have the stock wheels on your truck, or a different set, and if so, do you still have the stock set?  If so, use your stock set turned inside out on the K5.  The offset is such that C/K wheels hit K5 tie rod ends so I would assume the same for K2 trucks, but if you turn them inside out they'd clear.  It doesn't matter that the lug seat is flat and not conical, you're not driving it anywhere except the trailer.

• Like 1

The blazer is on 1 ton axles so my stockers wouldn't work.

Ended up not being able to find a car hauler trailer that could fit it so I picked it up on my parents flat bed and got to tow it back with their high country dmax.  Combined weight was nearly 10k lbs and that truck held 80mph on the hills with no effort.  

AdMo8WV.jpg

4yzSp8v.jpg

Edited by Centex14
  • Like 5

The blazer is on 1 ton axles so my stockers wouldn't work.

Ended up not being able to find a car hauler trailer that could fit it so I picked it up on my parents flat bed and got to tow it back with their high country dmax.  Combined weight was nearly 10k lbs and that truck held 80mph on the hills with no effort.  

AdMo8WV.jpg
4yzSp8v.jpg
Nice! Keep the pics flowing. Maybe turn this into a build thread?