Antenna Hitting Top of Garage Door Opening

34 minutes ago, dw91 said:

I saw a new 2020 HD yesterday and they have a different antenna that’s slightly shorter than the one that came on my AT4. It looked like it was the same height as the cab while standing beside the truck.

I noticed the new 2500s had the shorter antenna too.  Do you think it uses the same thread pattern as the 1500s?  If so I’ll probably try to order one.  

Dont buy the shorter just metal ones, i had nothing but static on most channels with the 12" one i got. 

Best bet is to get one with a chip inside like the one posted on amazon few posts up. I may get that myself.

52 minutes ago, Landon Wingate said:

I noticed the new 2500s had the shorter antenna too.  Do you think it uses the same thread pattern as the 1500s?  If so I’ll probably try to order one.  

I can’t see why it wouldn’t but I’m not really sure.

My antenna on my 14 hits whenever I pull into the garage. I've just accepted it and let it alone. I had the little wire that wraps around the antenna break off at the base of the antenna so I tried to cut it off and it kept unwrapping so I just peeled it off and cut it flush with the round nub at the tip of the antenna. I think it broke off from going in and out of the garage but i'm not sure. Mine hits the header of the garage door frame and the garage door as well by like a half inch or so.