Any damaged frames because of narrow lift pads?

So I though I get a jump start on rustproofing my new RST undercarriage (Canadian salt roads) and didn’t know there is an adapter pad that is needed for the front of the truck to be lifted without the possibility of causing damage.  Of course the place I got the rustproofing done didn’t have this adapter.  I was none the wiser until stumbling on a couple of threads here about the issue.  I inspected the frame and there is definitely scratches and the wax has definitely been scraped off showing where the narrow pad had be placed, pad flipped on an angle.  I did a late night inspect so I’ll have to do another in the morning to see if there really isn’t any damage.  Anyone else experienced damage to the frame because the shop they went to didn’t have the proper adapter pad?  Dimple, dent or rip?

7 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

So I though I get a jump start on rustproofing my new RST undercarriage (Canadian salt roads) and didn’t know there is an adapter pad that is needed for the front of the truck to be lifted without the possibility of causing damage.  Of course the place I got the rustproofing done didn’t have this adapter.  I was none the wiser until stumbling on a couple of threads here about the issue.  I inspected the frame and there is definitely scratches and the wax has definitely been scraped off showing where the narrow pad had be placed, pad flipped on an angle.  I did a late night inspect so I’ll have to do another in the morning to see if there really isn’t any damage.  Anyone else experienced damage to the frame because the shop they went to didn’t have the proper adapter pad?  Dimple, dent or rip?

I believe additional undercoating is an extra insurance package we purchase to keep our trucks in good condition.  You have been left feeling worse from your experience and I'd go back to this place of business and have them make you feel whole again!   Not all vehicle frames are the same so a technician has to be educated on the proper way to position their lift to accommodate differing lift points.   The person working on your truck evidently needs some further education.  The owner of the business will (should) be glad to compensate you for this learning experience.  Be disappointed but be polite.  We all learn from mistakes! 

8 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

I inspected the frame and there is definitely scratches and the wax has definitely been scraped off showing where the narrow pad had be placed, pad flipped on an angle.  I did a late night inspect so I’ll have to do another in the morning to see if there really isn’t any damage. 

Is the missing wax at the area where the spacers are when the frames are on the railcar between supplier and GM?  

Mine still looses wax on the lift points at the dealer every time it goes up, and all of the GM dealers had to upgrade the pads. It’s a soft coating. Buy some Daubert Nox Rust and touch it up. Highly doubt it was harmed at all beyond the coating so I wouldn’t panic.

I think this whole thing was overblown and/or GM was playing it very much on the safe side with the new pads.

I’ve never heard of anyone actually having a damaged frame. Here, on the FB group or anywhere else. Lots of people have had their trucks at independent shops for lifts, tires and other stuff.

Just to clarify, I'm not concerned about the wax or minor scrapes.  I understand the wax comes off eventually.  There was another thread discussing the narrow front pad.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/214690-frame-issues-anyone-else-hearing-this-rumor/?do=findComment&comment=2147592

Basically from my understanding, when you use a narrower pad on the front, because the 2019 Silverado frame is wider at the front, the narrow pad will only be supported by the flaps of the narrow pad or even worse with the flip up pads, by the point corner of the pad.  With the weight of the front end it could puncture or dimple the frame.  The shop I went to used flip up pads.

A rough idea in the picture,  Top is a narrow pad represented by two black lines.  The bottom is the wider GM adapter pads.  5023029.thumb.gif.74346585b4525fd46a6228c6a779aba2.jpg.fc703df5243d347f5212cce1e6a0ef88.jpg

I looked again this morning and I don't think there is any damage (dimple, dents or punctures).  I'll try and post some pictures of it here later.  I will go back to the shop and give them a heads up as one post suggested here.

10 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

No frame damage, but this is what can happen with the wrong pads.

My truck slid off of the small lift used for tire rotations at my dealer. IMG_2501.thumb.JPG.3b53fe7d37d708890a8987f10addc316.JPGIMG_2502.thumb.JPG.95a48b240611e469d6cb8d6a05a501e7.JPG

22 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

No frame damage, but this is what can happen with the wrong pads.

My truck slid off of the small lift used for tire rotations at my dealer. IMG_2501.thumb.JPG.3b53fe7d37d708890a8987f10addc316.JPGIMG_2502.thumb.JPG.95a48b240611e469d6cb8d6a05a501e7.JPG

Now I would call that some damage!  As to a little wax being scratched or rubbed off as OP stated I wouldn't be too concerned about that.

I took some pictures.  Seems like no physical damage.  I'm not sure what those "grooves" are circled in black?  I see three of them along the frame near the front, so I know it is not a pad peg puncture.  If you guys see anything else in terms of damage that maybe I don't see here, please let know.

IMG_0754.thumb.jpeg.ae4756695728a69d70dfc1d5ef07001f.jpeg

IMG_0755.thumb.jpeg.627d4d42082009189296b64152bf521e.jpeg

Edited by SilveradoRST

17 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

Ouch!  How did the dealership resolve this?  

They replaced one bracket, reshaped/bent the fixed one back in place, put on new "frame wax" all at their cost along with putting me in a loaner for the week.20190717_115007_1563390172767.thumb.jpg.7fd71d893bcefca0fce9def250802e78.jpg20190717_115012_1563390172098.thumb.jpg.0f627ff97f285ad33dfe7686d410847a.jpg20190717_115052_1563390171617.thumb.jpg.c4b4f97ca2aa5307b522cfce8ba1490c.jpg20190717_115056_1563390171513.thumb.jpg.325ea6e72983fd0c4155fa62d5a4ea1b.jpg