In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

truck_newbie

Adaptive Cruise Control on 2019 Sierra/Silverado

The 2019s were rushed to market to scoop the new Ram. The ACC system is available on 2020s.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:41 AM, truck_newbie said:

Does anyone think GM would/could offer this for the 2019 models? 

Could? I don't know. Would? Absolutely not.  Then you'd have no reason to trade up for the 2020... 💰

51 minutes ago, jlong1984 said:

Could? I don't know. Would? Absolutely not.  Then you'd have no reason to trade up for the 2020... 💰

Hahaha, fair point. 

Can anyone tell me if ACC can be disabled and normal cruise control be utilized?  If the 2020 only has the ACC available and it works as well as the Yukon did I am going to snatch up a 2019 quick. 

I am not a fan of GM's adaptive cruise control at all.  Had it in both of my wife's 2015 & 2016 Yukon Denalis and it was horribly inconsistent.  Overall ACC defeats the purpose of setting a speed, if it varies with all the left lane idiots in front you become one of the left lane sheep.  So, I am looking at end of year deals on 2019 Sierra Denalis and know the 2020's have ACC.  Any insight is appreciated.

Can anyone tell me if ACC can be disabled and normal cruise control be utilized?  If the 2020 only has the ACC available and it works as well as the Yukon did I am going to snatch up a 2019 quick. 

I am not a fan of GM's adaptive cruise control at all.  Had it in both of my wife's 2015 & 2016 Yukon Denalis and it was horribly inconsistent.  Overall ACC defeats the purpose of setting a speed, if it varies with all the left lane idiots in front you become one of the left lane sheep.  So, I am looking at end of year deals on 2019 Sierra Denalis and know the 2020's have ACC.  Any insight is appreciated.

If it’s like most current products hold the cancel button to disable ACC.

So you have both traditional cruise control and adaptive as an option to use?

1 hour ago, NOVA99 said:

So you have both traditional cruise control and adaptive as an option to use?

It should, I can't seem them going back on that it was a relatively new feature/function.