Towing Capacity Question

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

I wish I had gone with 18’s when I bought aftermarket wheels instead of the 20’s. Even better ride with 18’s versus switching to 20’s from 22’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 22s are for the most part just fine when empty, but towing holy moly.  The kids were even asking me if something was wrong with the truck.  

I tried Timbrens just for the heck of it thinking it was something with the magnarides.  

After testing the 20s empty and towing it was noticeably better.  I like the looks to much to go all of the way to 18s.

The 22s are for the most part just fine when empty, but towing holy moly.  The kids were even asking me if something was wrong with the truck.  

I tried Timbrens just for the heck of it thinking it was something with the magnarides.  

After testing the 20s empty and towing it was noticeably better.  I like the looks to much to go all of the way to 18s.

I feel your pain, I’d maybe look at air bags, install controls inside under dash not the hand held control. Just about anything you will affect the magnetic ride system. This is why I settled for the SLT specifically cause I knew I would do a lift and only the lower end ones have a compatible lift for the magnetic ride.

I think your only option would be to do air bags and adjust while driving and or smaller wheels which will cost you quite a bit cause it’s wheels and tires. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Just reading this now but figured I'd mention anyway... I don't know of an airbag system or helper spring that are compatible with magnetic ride. I did some searching about a year ago and didn't find any. If someone else has experience otherwise, let me know.

To the OP: I'm towing 7600lbs and it still has rake so I don't feel I even need a helper spring.

Also with weight distribution and anti-sway you should be pretty comfortable. And as others have mentioned you cannot get the max trailering package with a Denali so your max towing capacity is likely 9100-9400 lbs.

You should also plan between 1000-2000 lbs of cargo. So if you are looking at dry weight you'll need to add that to your trailer weight.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk